AIDA BIOS Problems, esp. AGESA Infos

Crashtest

Well I have to report 2 "Bugs"

1st - AIDA wont detect any BIOS-Infos from my Trinity-System with MSI FM2-A75MA-E35

it cant detect BIOS Typ, AGESA Version, BIOS Date etc

Sys:

- A8-5500

- 8GB RAM

- MSI FM2-A75MA-E35

- W8x64

- UEFI-BIOS

aida_bios_trinity7aucn.png

2nd AIDA wont display most AGESA-Infos

on my Bulldozersystem (ASRock 985GM-GS3 FX) it wont display the AGESA Version

aida_bios_bullyucj3d.png

but it reports AGESA infos on my Pharaosystem (ASUS M4A785TD-V Evo)

aida_bios_betatest4ujog.png

and reports it on my Ontariosystem (ASUS E350M1-)

aida_bios_htpcpzj4k.png

Well the AGESA Infos are important for CPU-Upgrades - examples:

- on the Orochi-Family, OR-C0 CPUs wont work untill "OrochiPIV1.2...." or newer

- on the K10-Family, HY-Dx CPUs wont work until AGESA 3.5.x or newer; while PH-E0 CPUs mostly want the 3.7.... or newer (OrochiPI)

One could open BIOS-file with notepad and search for the AGESA-String but it would be easier if AIDA reports them - on all branches!

OK AMD has many AGESA-Branches but the "most important ones" are:

- "TrinyPI "

- "OrochiPI"

- "OntaroPI"

- "LlanoPI "

- "DanNiPI "

- "TigrisPI"

- "DragonPI"

- "MarG34PI"

I added a small report of my Trinity-System with acpidump because theres a BIOS-Part AIDA wont recognize

Regards

[P3D] Crashtest

AIDA_REPORT_TRINITY.txt

AIDA_TRINITY_acpidump.txt

Supporting UEFI BIOSes can sometimes be tricky.  If the UEFI BIOS wouldn't emulate the old system BIOS (at least the F000 segment), AIDA64 won't be able to read BIOS details, including AGESA version.  We'll need to come up with a workaround for that, but so far we haven't found a method that would be reliable and stable on all systems.  We'll work on it.

As part of the bugreport I posted an ACPI-Dumb, inside is an unknow ACPI-Table (VFCT)

<SIG>VFCT</SIG><DESC>Unknown</DESC><ADDR>2917717368</ADDR><LENGTH>20612</LENGTH><OEMID>ALASKA</OEMID><OEMTABLEID></OEMTABLEID><OEMREV>1</OEMREV><CREATORID>AMD</CREATORID><CREATORREV>827346759</CREATORREV>

Whats that ?

We've fixed an issue in the BIOS detection module of AIDA64. I hope it will fix the issues on your system.

Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2327vtb1dhc3yjzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works ;)

As for the ACPI VFCT table: it's a table where AMD stores the Radeon video BIOS when the system is booted up in UEFI mode.  We can add VFCT table details if you could post a VFCT table dump.  You can create such dump by right-clicking on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> ACPI Tool --> Save Table --> VFCT.

We've fixed an issue in the BIOS detection module of AIDA64. I hope it will fix the issues on your system.

Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2327vtb1dhc3yjzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

As for the ACPI VFCT table: it's a table where AMD stores the Radeon video BIOS when the system is booted up in UEFI mode.  We can add VFCT table details if you could post a VFCT table dump.  You can create such dump by right-clicking on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> ACPI Tool --> Save Table --> VFCT.

Well I added the VFCT (added .txt because it wont upload if its a bin)

AIDA still not display any BIOS infos at Motherboard\BIOS but it shows "all" infos at DMI and Motherboard\ACPI

acpi_vfct.bin.txt

We've implemented support for the VFCT ACPI table on the Motherboard / ACPI page.  Also, AIDA64 now reads flash BIOS from the VFCT table on AMD APUs when the classic video BIOS is unavailable due to UEFI boot.  Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2334r5bzp8vxskzip