Start switch for Sensor Monitor?

Verdi

Hi,

I've purchased the 3 years license.

After upgrading my rig and reinstalling my system because of the newest SSD generation I start using Aida64 again.

I can remember that earlier versions remembered the last window and so I could start

"Computer -> Sensor" with a single click.

Now that I've updated I cannot find this feature any more, I need 3 clicks until the "sensor type" temps appear which is really exhausting for my taste.

Sensor window is the most used feature for me.

For example CPUID HWMonitor needs just a single click.

Is there a solution or did I just missed something?

2.) Besides: The boot time of Aida64 is taking longer and longer after new versions. It would be great to have a fast and slim version.

1) I think what you need to use is the "Remember last page" option in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Layout.

2) The long start time of AIDA64 is related to your chipset and CPU actually.  The X79 chipset and the Sandy Bridge-E processor has a lot of PCI devices, and enumerating and identifying all of them takes more time than on a mainstream desktop or notebook system (with e.g. Z77 chipset and Sandy Bridge-DT processor) where there're much less PCI devices.

The other component that may slow down the AIDA64 startup is a high number of storage devices, especially when they're in RAID arrays.  If you notice AIDA64 taking a lot of time at scanning RAID arrays or SMART details at its startup, then try to update the Intel RSTe drivers to the latest WHQL release, and update AIDA64 to the latest beta release as well:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2327vtb1dhc3yjzip

If the scan is still slow, and you have a USB storage device (e.g. a flash drive, external HDD/SSD, card reader) connected, then try to disconnect that device, and see if it makes AIDA64 start up quicker.  If you can identify a particular USB device that makes AIDA64 startup slow, let us know the USB hardware ID of the device, and we'll add it to the "blacklisted" USB devices list to exclude it from RAID and SMART scannings.

Regards,

Fiery

Thank you so much, Fiery, for the fast reply, that does the trick. There are 4 "remember this, remember that" boxes, this one was unchecked. Now Aida is working like before.  Start time is 4 seconds, which is no issue for me. I like the sensor page better than other tools, the overview is fine.

The problem with IRST driver is, that unfortunately I own the Corsair 1200AXi which needs the buggy Link Software which gives you BSODs if using the newest IRST driver. So beware of this PSU. I uninstalled IRST completely and strangely - as a spin-off - my new SSD runs at the advertised speeds. Whereas with IRST my SSD was running substantially slower.

The right-click on the taskbar icon is a nice shortcut as well.

Best regards,

Verdi

• 5 months later...

I am using the latest stable version and this was the source of my slow loading (it would stall on SMART device scan) and after I remove the drive, AIDA64 starts almost instantly.

Unfortunately, after I plug the drive back in, I cannot access it in order to save files from programs like Excel.

I have attached a screenshot of the HW Id from Device Manager and it seems to be pretty generic.  Is there other information that would help you?

If the scan is still slow, and you have a USB storage device (e.g. a flash drive, external HDD/SSD, card reader) connected, then try to disconnect that device, and see if it makes AIDA64 start up quicker.  If you can identify a particular USB device that makes AIDA64 startup slow, let us know the USB hardware ID of the device, and we'll add it to the "blacklisted" USB devices list to exclude it from RAID and SMART scannings.

post-17658-0-78647100-1375657839_thumb.jpg

We'll add your storage device to the filter list to make sure AIDA64 can get through the SMART scanning.  But in order to do that, we need to have the USB device ID for your device.  In the Device Properties window please select "Parent" as Property, and send us a new screen shot.  It should show the USB device ID in a format of e.g. "USB\VID_xxxx&PID_yyyy".

Thanks,

Fiery

• 4 weeks later...