Incorrect Power & Current readings for 7800X3D CPU on ASUS B650E-E mobo

FatBoyNL

Hi guys,

When I open AIDA64 and go to:  Computer - Sensor settings, two different CPU readings are shown incorrectly:

• Current Values: CPU
  • Power Values: CPU

Both CPU readings are clearly not showing actual/current values. Every new reading seems to be automatically added to the one before that (for about 5-10 seconds), and then that counting process starts all over from zero (I guess).

What I'm seeing is a sequence like this for "Current Values - CPU" (in incremental steps repeating itself after every few seconds):
6.00A - 38.00A - 66.00A - 98.00A - 130.00A - 164.00A - up to about 250.00A, and then same type of additional counting starts all over again starting with a value close 0A and then counting upwards.

It's almost the same issue for "Power Values - CPU", but those readings seem to be more random than the example above:
Values are fluctuating but going upwards from around 2.00 W up 250+W (while only typing this): so I'm just assuming both values can't be correct.

Does anyone know a solution, fix or workaround for this issue?
Currently running AIDA64 7.00.6705 beta, but the issue was already present in 6.92 and later beta versions.

Thanks in advance,
FatBoyNL

Edited by FatBoyNL
Added recording & fixed some typos

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2023 at 3:21 PM, FatBoyNL said:

Hi guys,

When I open AIDA64 and go to:  Computer - Sensor settings, two different CPU readings are shown incorrectly:

• Current Values: CPU
  • Power Values: CPU

Both CPU readings are clearly not showing actual/current values. Every new reading seems to be automatically added to the one before that (for about 5-10 seconds), and then that counting process starts all over from zero (I guess).

What I'm seeing is a sequence like this for "Current Values - CPU" (in incremental steps repeating itself after every few seconds):
6.00A - 38.00A - 66.00A - 98.00A - 130.00A - 164.00A - up to about 250.00A, and then same type of additional counting starts all over again starting with a value close 0A and then counting upwards.

It's almost the same issue for "Power Values - CPU", but those readings seem to be more random than the example above:
Values are fluctuating but going upwards from around 2.00 W up 250+W (while only typing this): so I'm just assuming both values can't be correct.

Does anyone know a solution, fix or workaround for this issue?
Currently running AIDA64 7.00.6705 beta, but the issue was already present in 6.92 and later beta versions.

Thanks in advance,
FatBoyNL

I apologize for the late response.  We will remove the bogus CPU current and power readings for Asus AM5 motherboards in the next AIDA64 beta update.

• Thanks 1