fixed: Serious bug with custom gauges

rinaldop
Go to solution Solved by rinaldop,

If you export a .sensorpanel file with any custom gauge hidden when you import the same panel back in the custom gauges that were hidden will now be corrupt. The paths to the image file become corrupted. I tried this with several different custom gauges and it happened every time. I wasted HOURS trying to track down the cause of my panels becoming corrupted.

I tested versions beta 7.00.6738, beta 700.6742, and stable 7.00.6700

Here is an image of the paths error.     

Screenshot 2024-02-18 151703.png

On 2/19/2024 at 3:36 AM, rinaldop said:

If you export a .sensorpanel file with any custom gauge hidden when you import the same panel back in the custom gauges that were hidden will now be corrupt. The paths to the image file become corrupted. I tried this with several different custom gauges and it happened every time. I wasted HOURS trying to track down the cause of my panels becoming corrupted.

I tested versions beta 7.00.6738, beta 700.6742, and stable 7.00.6700

Here is an image of the paths error.     

Screenshot 2024-02-18 151703.png

I support this finding as I have also faced the same issue multiple times!

Here is my screenshot of the issue:

image.jpeg

Edited by Surjeet
Added Screenshot
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, rinaldop said:

Excellent! Thank you for confirming this so I know it is not my system. 

We've already fixed that in the latest AIDA64 beta build, but maybe your existing layout already includes the incorrect paths.  Try to manually fix the paths and check if it works now with the export-import process.

4 hours ago, Fiery said:

We've already fixed that in the latest AIDA64 beta build, but maybe your existing layout already includes the incorrect paths.  Try to manually fix the paths and check if it works now with the export-import process.

I did a brand new install of Aida64 then installed v7.00.6742 Beta. I imported a previous panel that contained custom gauges, hid only one custom gauge, then exported the file. I then imported the file and the hidden custom gauge had the file paths corrupted, the other gauges were fine.

The problem still exists.   

On 2/19/2024 at 5:51 AM, Surjeet said:

Supposedly the bug has been fixed in the latest Beta, but the bug is still there for me in version v7.00.6742 Beta.

Will you try it and see if it works for you?

Thanks!  

1 hour ago, rinaldop said:

I did a brand new install of Aida64 then installed v7.00.6742 Beta. I imported a previous panel that contained custom gauges, hid only one custom gauge, then exported the file. I then imported the file and the hidden custom gauge had the file paths corrupted, the other gauges were fine.

The problem still exists.   

What I mean is that the existing layout has the gauge state paths already corrupted, and the new beta exports it and imports it back without altering the corrupted paths.  But, if you could kindly send us the AIDA64.INI file with your existing SensorPanel layout, we could try to reproduce the issue.  Quite honestly we've fixed the issue already, but maybe it doesn't work properly in all cases.

1 hour ago, Fiery said:

What I mean is that the existing layout has the gauge state paths already corrupted, and the new beta exports it and imports it back without altering the corrupted paths.  But, if you could kindly send us the AIDA64.INI file with your existing SensorPanel layout, we could try to reproduce the issue.  Quite honestly we've fixed the issue already, but maybe it doesn't work properly in all cases.

Fiery,

I used a fully functioning gauge without any path corrupted. Give me some credit for having common sense. 

On 2/19/2024 at 5:51 AM, Surjeet said:

Supposedly the bug has been fixed in the latest Beta, but the bug is still there for me in version v7.00.6742 Beta.

2 hours ago, rinaldop said:

Supposedly the bug has been fixed in the latest Beta, but the bug is still there for me in version v7.00.6742 Beta.

Sorry for the delayed response as I was away.

I tried the beta with fresh panel (wherein path was not corrupted) and I was unable to reproduce the issue again.

Its intermittent and it happened to me last time when I saw your message and it was a coincidence. I updated that screenshot here earlier too as that error did come.

I would update it again if it happens again while I am trying to reproduce the issue. You also keep on trying and report if you face it again!

6 hours ago, Surjeet said:

Sorry for the delayed response as I was away.

I tried the beta with fresh panel (wherein path was not corrupted) and I was unable to reproduce the issue again.

Its intermittent and it happened to me last time when I saw your message and it was a coincidence. I updated that screenshot here earlier too as that error did come.

I would update it again if it happens again while I am trying to reproduce the issue. You also keep on trying and report if you face it again!

Thank you for trying!  

This is the WORST kind of bug to fix, one that is INTERMITTENT! I am trying to debug this with Fiery in email and he keeps telling me that my gauge is corrupted BEFORE I try the export/import test.  I was hoping that you still had the problem also since now it seems that I am the only one having the bug.

I will keep trying and see what happens. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rinaldop said:

Thank you for trying!  

This is the WORST kind of bug to fix, one that is INTERMITTENT! I am trying to debug this with Fiery in email and he keeps telling me that my gauge is corrupted BEFORE I try the export/import test.  I was hoping that you still had the problem also since now it seems that I am the only one having the bug.

I will keep trying and see what happens. 

You're absolutely right, this is a nasty bug that was supposedly already been fixed in the latest beta build, but actually kept rearing its nasty head up still :)  We will fix it hopefully once and for all in the next AIDA64 beta update due next week.  Thank you for helping us track it down.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fiery said:

You're absolutely right, this is a nasty bug that was supposedly already been fixed in the latest beta build, but actually kept rearing its nasty head up still :)  We will fix it hopefully once and for all in the next AIDA64 beta update due next week.  Thank you for helping us track it down.

Thank you for saying that I was right, I knew that there was nothing wrong with my gauges before I did the test;)

• Fiery changed the title to fixed: Serious bug with custom gauges