Colour coded data

Hi,

New, Learning.

Is there a way to the data change colour once a set limit has been reached?
Something like a bar, but instead of the bar changing colour the actual figures do.

Best I have come up with so far is to mess with a bar so that it becomes the background to data and reflects the colour range that way, rather than the actul data changing colour.

It's not ideal though

temp-coloured-data.jpg

Your best try would be to create a custom gauge. Then you can control exactly what is displayed. A gauge usually uses 15 images with the first image being 0 for a total of 16. Try creating what you want to see in 15 .png images and create a custom gauge.

Here is an example

https://forums.aida64.com/topic/13296-share-your-sensorpanels/page/474/#comment-57022

Here is how they were made

https://forums.aida64.com/topic/13296-share-your-sensorpanels/page/474/#comment-57018

8 hours ago, rinaldop said:

Your best try would be to create a custom gauge. Then you can control exactly what is displayed. A gauge usually uses 15 images with the first image being 0 for a total of 16. Try creating what you want to see in 15 .png images and create a custom gauge.

Here is an example

https://forums.aida64.com/topic/13296-share-your-sensorpanels/page/474/#comment-57022

Here is how they were made

https://forums.aida64.com/topic/13296-share-your-sensorpanels/page/474/#comment-57018

Thanks for the input.
I have no Idea how to create a custom gauge, just looked it up, seems tedious, especially for 100 different settings.
Are we limited to 16 images then?
If so then that won't work for temperature I'd have thought, as that will be 1 - 100C as a minimum range

Got a rough first idea sorted, it's Not pretty, but it works.
A simple coloured circle with CPU temp in it, with the background colour changing ever 6C.

I can tidy it up later, the basic idea works.

I still would have prefered the actual figures to be able to change colours, but got to work with what is there.

Screenshot 2024-03-17 125556.jpg

Hi @ldwilliams.uk,

Colour of the font can not be set; however, bar can be used below, side, up of the font to change colours!

If you are not interested in 100 gauges Custom Gauge, you may simply use the Sensor item and can create a Thin bar to change its colour as per the range given.

You may set the Min Max and Limit 1 to 3 and set required colours for these ranges too.

When you Show bar you may control Width Height etc. Please find below the screenshot:

image.thumb.jpeg.4903678cd5112d235f090ad1096c157e.jpeg

I think you may have tried it!

To answer your question, We are limited to 16 images per Sensor; however, can use them multiple times to use the images from 0-100.

That's the perfect measurement; however, that takes lot of time to create such gauges. Personally, I love using 100 gauges meter for their precision and perfect accuracy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ldwilliams.uk said:

Thanks for the input.
I have no Idea how to create a custom gauge, just looked it up, seems tedious, especially for 100 different settings.
Are we limited to 16 images then?
If so then that won't work for temperature I'd have thought, as that will be 1 - 100C as a minimum range

Oh, it is tedious - very tedious! Most people just use the 16 images per gauge so the image changes every 6 degrees for temperature (100/16)

Some people like Surjeet, the other user that replied, always use 100 image multiple gauges for 1 degree accuracy and they can be incredibly beautiful!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rinaldop said:

Oh, it is tedious - very tedious! Most people just use the 16 images per gauge so the image changes every 6 degrees for temperature (100/16)

Some people like Surjeet, the other user that replied, always use 100 image multiple gauges for 1 degree accuracy and they can be incredibly beautiful!

Thank you @rinaldop for your kind and encouraging words, I really appreciate it!

Yes, creating 100 States images could be VERY tedious, it does take patience & time investment to create them. However, once you start crafting them, you would start loving them more and more everyday. 

@ldwilliams.uk: People mainly use Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Paint or GIMP (open source and very impactful) to handle these Custom Gauges creation!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2024 at 3:03 PM, Surjeet said:

Hi @ldwilliams.uk,

Colour of the font can not be set; however, bar can be used below, side, up of the font to change colours!

If you are not interested in 100 gauges Custom Gauge, you may simply use the Sensor item and can create a Thin bar to change its colour as per the range given.

You may set the Min Max and Limit 1 to 3 and set required colours for these ranges too.

When you Show bar you may control Width Height etc. Please find below the screenshot:

image.thumb.jpeg.4903678cd5112d235f090ad1096c157e.jpeg

I think you may have tried it!

To answer your question, We are limited to 16 images per Sensor; however, can use them multiple times to use the images from 0-100.

That's the perfect measurement; however, that takes lot of time to create such gauges. Personally, I love using 100 gauges meter for their precision and perfect accuracy!

yes I know about the bar charts. They are good for simple ranges, but only have 4 ranges which is nowhere near enough, the 16 is a lot better.
Ideally I feel, 10 or 20 images would have been the better choice (so that you would then have a colour change every 5 of 10C), but I understand that we are looking at degrees of a circle and neither 10 nor 20 easily fit within 360 degrees.

Thank you

On 3/16/2024 at 9:58 PM, ldwilliams.uk said:

Hi,

New, Learning.

Is there a way to the data change colour once a set limit has been reached?
Something like a bar, but instead of the bar changing colour the actual figures do.

Best I have come up with so far is to mess with a bar so that it becomes the background to data and reflects the colour range that way, rather than the actul data changing colour.

It's not ideal though

temp-coloured-data.jpg

That's neat, shame then that there are only 4 ranges