Resizing desktop so sensor panel doesn't block desktop?

Hi all, I'm guessing this isn't possible - but I have set my sensor panel as a long thin bar across the top of my screen with all the stats I want. It is 2560 x 35 pixels, and I like to use it when doing normal tasks and gaming etc.

Problem is that when doing normal tasks/work, it can block off important tabs at the top of a browser etc. I could resize the browser, MS Office applications etc each time I use them, but is there a simpler way so that any app that opens (other than the sensor panel) doesn't use the top 35 pixels?

Thanks👍

3 hours ago, MDB278 said:

Hi all, I'm guessing this isn't possible - but I have set my sensor panel as a long thin bar across the top of my screen with all the stats I want. It is 2560 x 35 pixels, and I like to use it when doing normal tasks and gaming etc.

Problem is that when doing normal tasks/work, it can block off important tabs at the top of a browser etc. I could resize the browser, MS Office applications etc each time I use them, but is there a simpler way so that any app that opens (other than the sensor panel) doesn't use the top 35 pixels?

Thanks👍

I know it costs $$ , but why don't you get a cheap external LCD or monitor that you can use to place your SensorPanel onto?  Any old 15" or 17" LCD monitor would do, that costs $10 or so these days.

2 minutes ago, Fiery said:

I know it costs $$ , but why don't you get a cheap external LCD or monitor that you can use to place your SensorPanel onto?  Any old 15" or 17" LCD monitor would do, that costs $10 or so these days.

I probably should have said, I use a GPD Win Max 2 2023 with he 7840u, and I use it for work, gaming, VR with an oculink gpu, and it only has a 10 inch screen, so portability is crucial. I use larger monitors connected to it when at my desk. Also I just spent ages figuring out Aida64 today and setup the sensor panel as the long strip a cross the top on my 2560 wide monitor, then disconnected the laptop and tried to use it and the sensor panel no longer fit the laptop which is also 2560 wide which I don't get. I'm not sure there is a straight forward solution, thanks for the reply 👍

2 hours ago, MDB278 said:

I probably should have said, I use a GPD Win Max 2 2023 with he 7840u, and I use it for work, gaming, VR with an oculink gpu, and it only has a 10 inch screen, so portability is crucial. I use larger monitors connected to it when at my desk. Also I just spent ages figuring out Aida64 today and setup the sensor panel as the long strip a cross the top on my 2560 wide monitor, then disconnected the laptop and tried to use it and the sensor panel no longer fit the laptop which is also 2560 wide which I don't get. I'm not sure there is a straight forward solution, thanks for the reply 👍

2560 pixels is just one part of the equation.  In case your laptop uses a higher DPI setting (which I assume it does, since it has a physically smaller screen despite the same resolution), it will scale the SensorPanel up so it would look wider and taller than on a similar resolution but physically bigger classic monitor screen.

17 hours ago, MDB278 said:

Read this