RAID 0 HDD Temps Disappear (Asus P6T Deluxe V2 RAID)

Paul B

I am just happy to be able to see the Hard Drive temps and SMART data for my raided discs that this really is something I could live with but I'll pass it along for informational purposes. When I play a Blu - Ray movie in my computer, the 2 raided HDD's temps go away in the OSD display. The Cyberlink software does disable Aero so that might be it but it could also just be a characteristic of my MB. An exit and restart of AIDA 64 brings the temps back (Running version 1.50.) Specs below:

Asus P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Bios 1108

Intel I7 920

ATI 5850

12 Gig Corsair DDR3 1333 Ram

2 300 Gig Velociraptors Raid 0

1 Hitachi 1 Ter. HD

LG BH10 Blu-Ray burner

External Card Reader

Avermedia 180 HDTV card.

Coolermaster V8

Thermaltake Toughpower 850 W. Modular P.S.

Antec 1200 Full Tower Case

Kaze 6 fan controller - 5 120 Thermaltake Fans

and 1 200 Antec fan.

GPU Driver: Catalyst 10.11

2 Acer 22" monitors

Windows 7 X 64 Enterprise

Intel released a new set of RST drivers on the 15th. If you haven't already make sure you update them. The offer RAID speed/security improvements and support drives over 2.2TB. Though to be able to boot anything over 2.2TB you need a board with UEFI and Windows 7.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=19607&ProductFamily=Chipsets&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Rapid+Storage+Technology+%28Intel%C2%AE+RST%29〈=eng

Do you have the RAID array connected to the on-board Intel ICH10R RAID controller? If yes, then what version of Intel Rapid Storage Drivers do you have installed?

Thanks,

Fiery

The raid array is connected to the ICH10R - do not have a separate raid card. Just updated to 10.​​1.​​0.​​1008 a few days ago. Cannot tell you if this occurred prior to that but do not remember it doing it. The update was successful as the Storage controller shows the new driver in device manager and the gui for RST works perfectly. Also checked the firmware for the Blu-Ray and it is the latest. Don't really want to create a problem, but my guess is that others will eventually see this as it is easily repeatable.

• 1 month later...

We've improved the external disk drive handling in AIDA64. Hopefully it will eliminate the RAID disks disappearing issues.

Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1241ow5ief2yskzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Fiery

We've improved the external disk drive handling in AIDA64. Hopefully it will eliminate the RAID disks disappearing issues.

Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1241ow5ief2yskzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Fiery

So far so good Fiery. Cannot make the raid disk info go away. Thanks. I thought this one would be very difficult for you guys to fix working around the intel driver - but not so much!

So far so good Fiery. Cannot make the raid disk info go away. Thanks. I thought this one would be very difficult for you guys to fix working around the intel driver - but not so much!

Thanks for the feedback! Quite frankly, we have to do a lot of tweaks on the AIDA64 SMART handling module, and some of the issues now seem to be gone, fortunately. However, other issues related to Intel RAID drivers cannot be fixed from AIDA64, so we have to wait for Intel to update their drivers.