AIDA64 Extreme Edition computer hangs at shutdown

Xiter

Hi,

First post here so hi everyone. I downloaded AIDA64 Extreme Edition 3.00.2500 Trial Version ZIP package for evaluation June 22nd, but unfortunately ran into a problem. 

Every time AIDA64 has been running on my system the computer hangs at shutdown.

I didn't have time to start working on why at the time but now I really want to be able to use the software so looking for help here...

Is there anything I can do to get AIDA64 running flawlessly on my system? I do not have any issues with other software that I am aware of.

For obvious reasons I have not purchased a license yet but will of course do if you can help me sort this out.

My system: 

W7/64 Ultimate,

CPU: SB-E 3930K

MB: Asus Sabertooth X79 BIOS 0906, (AI Suite II installed)

GPU: Asus GTX580 Direct CUII, driver 314.22

Memory: 4x2GB G.Skill RipjawsZ @ 2133-9-11-10-28-2T,

Cooler: Corsair H110

Case: Obsidian 900D

PSU: Seasonic P-1000

Kind regards,

Hans

First, please try to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2559vf5d6rhmlkzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

If it doesn't solve the issue, then try to completely uninstall Asus AI Suite II.  If that doesn't help, then please let us know, and we'll investigate the issue further.  In most cases however, it's the improper synchronization (or better said, the complete lack of synchronization) of AI Suite II that causes such issues :(

Hi and thanks for assisting.
The beta did not help much. I got one successful shut down of the computer after a long pause after the monitor had been switched off. 
That was not really a normal shut down. The computer normally turns off and the monitor goes black at about the same time but I thought all was well so I purchased a license.

Then after activating two hangs in a row when I tried to shut down the computer. Please note that I can shut down AIDA64 without issues, it is when the computer

is shut down it hangs. Is there anything I can do instead of uninstalling AI Suite II?

I use it to observe motherboard temperatures with Asus Thermal Radar (VRM area of the motherboard with sensors VCORE and VCCSA)

and to control my fans. I rather not uninstall AI Suite II because of those benefits.

Kind regards,

Hans

I understand you need AI Suite II for your system.  What I think would worth trying is temporarily removing AI Suite II, restart the computer, then checking whether it makes a difference in the way AIDA64 blocks your system's shutdown process.  Whatever the outcome is, you can then install AI Suite II back again.

An alternative solution may be activating the option Asus ATKEX sensor support (Asus ROG) in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability, and restarting AIDA64 to apply the changes.  However, that solution may or may not be effective.  It worth a try though.