Alerting Vanashes (Asus P6X58D-E)

Fyew-jit-tiv

When i set up an Alert to monitor my CPU & GPU pumps they seem to disapair after a while. Has anyone else noticed this.? Im using V1.5 and im setting up my alerts to monitor the cooling fans(CPU & Chassis #1) which my GPU & CPU pumps are connected to, i also asigned an action to shut down if Value goes below 3500rpm or above 5000 rpm. Not been able to find a cause to the rest as it seems to be ramdom, one min they are there then the next they are gone.

System.. Asus P6X58D-E, i7-920 on Liquid @ 4.4ghz, 295 GTX Quad SLI on Liquid, Win7, 12gb Corsiar 7-7-7-20.

Another problem i have come across is the Hardware Monitoring>Update Frequency seems to be stuck on default (5secs). Has anyone else noticed this.? Example... Im using Aida64 v1.5 with RivaTunner, The Cpu senor info in RivaTunner is being read from Aida64 via External Application>Shared Memory with the update Freq set to 1sec. When i study riva's graphs the update from Aida is happening every 5seconds witch is Aida's default setting. If i change the plugin in rivatuner to Perfcount the update freq happens at the time i select. So there must be a problme within Aida64.

Update...

Just tested this problem with my G19 keyboard and update problem is also there too.

Update 2...

Just tried this problem on another System and still the problem persists.

When i set up an Alert to monitor my CPU & GPU pumps they seem to disapair after a while. Has anyone else noticed this.? Im using V1.5 and im setting up my alerts to monitor the cooling fans(CPU & Chassis #1) which my GPU & CPU pumps are connected to, i also asigned an action to shut down if Value goes below 3500rpm or above 5000 rpm. Not been able to find a cause to the rest as it seems to be ramdom, one min they are there then the next they are gone.

System.. Asus P6X58D-E, i7-920 on Liquid @ 4.4ghz, 295 GTX Quad SLI on Liquid, Win7, 12gb Corsiar 7-7-7-20.

I have this issue as well with the vanishing alerts. I set alerts for monitoring the cooling fans as well, the CPU and Power Supply fan (which is the second fan on my Noctua NH-D14) and Chassis #1.

• 2 weeks later...

1) Update Frequency: we've just verified the update freq for the AIDA64 External Applications feature, and it works as expected, we haven't found any discrepancies. In case Rivatuner handles something wrong, then I suppose it's a bug in Rivatuner and not in AIDA64. You can actually verify the update frequency of the Ext.Apps feature if you enable the Registry support (AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / External Applications / Enable writing sensor values to Registry), enable the Time item there, and then check out the published STIME value in the Registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FinalWire\AIDA64\SensorValues.

2) Fans: I'm not sure if I understand it, so please clarify. Do you have fans connected and spinning fine, but those fans sometimes disappear from the list of Alerting items in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Alerting? Or you have the AIDA64 Alerting feature properly configured for those fans, but the actual alert is not fired when one of the fans stop spinning?

Thanks,

Fiery

1) Update Frequency: we've just verified the update freq for the AIDA64 External Applications feature, and it works as expected, we haven't found any discrepancies. In case Rivatuner handles something wrong, then I suppose it's a bug in Rivatuner and not in AIDA64. You can actually verify the update frequency of the Ext.Apps feature if you enable the Registry support (AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / External Applications / Enable writing sensor values to Registry), enable the Time item there, and then check out the published STIME value in the Registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FinalWire\AIDA64\SensorValues.

2) Fans: I'm not sure if I understand it, so please clarify. Do you have fans connected and spinning fine, but those fans sometimes disappear from the list of Alerting items in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Alerting? Or you have the AIDA64 Alerting feature properly configured for those fans, but the actual alert is not fired when one of the fans stop spinning?

Thanks,

Fiery

Hi Fiery,

This update freq doesn't happen when running Aida64 v1.2. I have only noticed this when running Aida64 1.5+. As for the Alerts disaparing... If i goto Preferences>Alerting and setup an alert for the CPU fan (Below 3500rpm above 5000rpm) to shut down the system if these rpms have been breached (higher or Lower) then after a few restarts when i go back to check on these alerts i have setup they are not there.!

Thanks

When those items are not there in the Preferences, are those fans spinning then? Not spinning (0 RPM) fans will not be collected by the AIDA64 Hardware Monitoring module, because AIDA64 treats "0 RPM" fans as unconnected fans, hence it will not poll them. But when you have a fan already configured, when it stops AIDA64 will of course fire an alert.

When those items are not there in the Preferences, are those fans spinning then? Not spinning (0 RPM) fans will not be collected by the AIDA64 Hardware Monitoring module, because AIDA64 treats "0 RPM" fans as unconnected fans, hence it will not poll them. But when you have a fan already configured, when it stops AIDA64 will of course fire an alert.

The pumps are functioning ok. Maybe im not explaing this correctly. I'll try from the start again and hopefully i can make this understandable. LOL.

I have 2 pumps connected. 1 to GPU & 1 to CPU (CPU header & Chassis #1 Header). Because my pumps are so quite i decided to setup alerts to alert me if either pump stops working. So i goto Prefernces>Alerts and setup my alerts (pls see capture 1), But after a few restarts or a day later ill come back to the alerts screen and what i have setup previously is no longer there (pls see capture 2). Hopefully i have explain this clear enough if not please let me know and i'll try again...!

Thanks.

Next time it happens, when after the configured alert items disappear, can you please check out on the Sensor page whether the fans in question can be detected spinning by AIDA64? Also, when that happens please check the AIDA64.INI file, if the configured alert items are still there or not.

I suppose it may be because for whatever reason AIDA64 stops being able to find the watched fans at its startup, so it treats them as unconnected fan headers ;)

Thanks,

Fiery

Next time it happens, when after the configured alert items disappear, can you please check out on the Sensor page whether the fans in question can be detected spinning by AIDA64? Also, when that happens please check the AIDA64.INI file, if the configured alert items are still there or not.

I suppose it may be because for whatever reason AIDA64 stops being able to find the watched fans at its startup, so it treats them as unconnected fan headers ;)

Thanks,

Fiery

Hi Fiery, I know the pumps are working as i can see the status via GPU Gadget which is taken from Aida via Rivatuner. Not sure about the Aida64.ini file. I will have that comp back online come tomorrow night and will let you know if the ini file is still in place.

Thanks

Hi Fiery,

So i have done what you have asked, and i don't see anything in my registry which mentions \Sensorvalue. I have enabled shared memory checked, Enable writing sensor values to registry checked.. Screen shot inc... So you have either given me the wrong info or Adia64 has this problem that have have been telling you about.!

Regards.!

Ps. To also let you know i installed version 1.2 & everest and this problem does NOT present itself. I have been running rivatuner for the past 2yrs with Everest & Aida64 and up untill now this was NEVER a problem. So it must be something you guys have done with Aida64 1.5+

Hi Fiery,

LOL....Read your Post #5 in this thread. Point 1 Update freq.. That is what i was responding too.! I think its because you answered 2 question which were posted in 2 different threads. hope you now get what i mean. So for the update freq am i meant to have a sensor value reading in the registry? If so i don't have on either of my computers.

Please advise.!

Regards.

The triangle is not there on your latest screen shot, but it was there on the previous screen shot. You need to enable the Registry feature in the Preferences (Hardware Monitoring / External Applications), and then you can expand the AIDA64 key to see the SensorValues key (which is a child of the AIDA64 key).

Have you verified the STIME (entry in the Registry / SensorValues) update frequency with AIDA64 v1.50? We haven't changed anything around the update frequencies between AIDA64 v1.20 and v1.50, so I don't have an answer to your question at this time ;)

What I meant to ask is: try to enable the "Time" item in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / External Applications, and then in the Registry watch if the STIME item is really updated at the rate you configured for the External Applications feature (which is 1 second in your case). That way you can verify if the Ext.Apps feature update frequency works as expected.