AIDA64 freezes

wibujo

I recently updated to the pay subscription of AIDA64 - I have problems with lockups (freezing) when I click on sensor readings (it just freezes while getting info). When I click on Display:GPU - The screen comes up but as soon as I start to scroll down it freezes. When I had the free version of AIDA64 I never had any issues that I can recall. Should I uninstall and install AIDA64. I also used Everest in the past and never had issues. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks wibujo

Here's a list of componets in my RIG.

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 BIOS-F5i

Intel 980X @ 3.33GHz to 4.72GHz

G.Skill F3-16000CL8T2-24GBTDD

2xGigabyte HD 5970 2GB (CrossFireX)

• 1 month later...

It may be the infamous ULPS issue ;) Please try to disable Multi-GPU support in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability. Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Fiery

I am also getting freezing or full system lockup requiring reboot when in crossfire mode on an Asus Crosshair IV 890FX board as soon as I hit the sensor button.

Thanks.

I found a fix. You need to make a registry change and then reboot. Also not a bad idea to disable and then enable crossfire first but this step may not be neccessary. Anyhow worked for me. I put it into a reg file that your going to have to run...

Good luck.

File is attached to this post.

Or you can follow the instructions to edit your registry on this link to the Evga site:

ULPS crash fix ...