ASUS P5B temps

blacklac

Could you tell me what the "CPU" temp is reading? (not each core). It is reading really high temps and I am worried about it. Somewhere around 70-74C at full CPU load. I think its around 55C at idle. My core temps are like 25-30C idle and 55C max during full load. My case has decent airflow and I have a nice aftermarket CPU cooler. I don't know, I'm a little worried about that one.

Thanks.

How can it be so high, when my Core temps are around 50C max load?

I have 4 fans in my case and plan to add a 5th. (not including the 120mm fan on my CPU cooler) Is it possible its an inaccurate reading?

Thanks.

Typically, at full CPU load, it looks like this:

Motherboard: 40C

CPU : 71C

CPU 1: 45C

CPU 2: 45C

Seems odd...

It basically reflects what Aida64 says. Yet, Aida64 shows my Core Temps as well within thermal limits. I also use the CoreTemp program and each core is also well within thermal limit, although about 5C higher than Aida64.

If my Core Temps are so low, should I worry about the Socket temp?

If my Core Temps are so low, should I worry about the Socket temp?

You can check if your computer actually overheats or not by running the AIDA64 System Stability Test. In AIDA64 go to main menu / Tools / System Stability Test, then enable only the "FPU" test, and leave the rest of the tests disabled. Press the Start button, and watch the bottom graph. The throttling activity should stay at 0% all the time. In case the graph turns red and throttling shows any non-zero activity, your computer is overheating.

You can check if your computer actually overheats or not by running the AIDA64 System Stability Test. In AIDA64 go to main menu / Tools / System Stability Test, then enable only the "FPU" test, and leave the rest of the tests disabled. Press the Start button, and watch the bottom graph. The throttling activity should stay at 0% all the time. In case the graph turns red and throttling shows any non-zero activity, your computer is overheating.

Ok, I will do that. Thank you for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

Just going to bump this instead of a new thread. Now I'm curious where the "motherboard" temp was taken at. This doesn't measure the VRM's, does it? Seems like generally, this is only a surface temp sensor, but I wanted to make sure.

On most motherboards the "Motherboard" temperature is the surface temperature of the sensor chip (that is mounted on the motherboard PCB). In other words, the sensor chip measures its own temperature, and reports it as "Motherboard" temperature.