Switching fan speeds Asus P5N7A-VM

soder

Aida64 is switching the CPU and chassis fan speeds in my system. The reading labeled CPU Fan actually shows the chassis fan speed and vice versa.

I have verified this by stopping the chassis fan with my hand and it is the CPU reading which shows 0.

The readings in BIOS and other monitoring software is correct and the fans are connected to the right headers so I am sure it is a Aida problem.

Motherboard: Asus P5N7-VM

WinXP 32-bit

Aida64 Extreme 1.5.1200

Hi

Here is the requested dump

isasensordump.txt

When I look in the dump in the section called Asus ATK0110 I get very odd readings for the chassis fan. Sometimes is it 0, next time could be over 100000rpm or anything in between but in Computer/Sensor screen does none of the fan readings vary like that. However the labels for CPU and Chassis fan is right in the dump. It says the CPU is 1288rpm and that is right but when I look in Computer/Sensor screen it says 1288 for the chassis fan.

There is no fan connected on the power fan header.

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem, CPU and chassis fan speed are switched. Motherboard is Asus P5PE-VM, AIDA64 version is 1.70.1400. Can it be fixed?

We've fixed it up in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1431vw3xs8dlyczip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Fiery