How to setup remote control trugh WAN

delevic

Hi, 

I am trying to to create connection between two  computers via WAN. So in router settings I make adress reservation for remote computer, which is 192.168.1.100, and I created virtual server for that address with service port  5001. Then I tried to acsess via remote control on wan address  wan:5001 , but get some errors. Then I changed in Aida preferences remote control port from 2348 to 5001, and still get error. So , what to do next ?

Best Regards

Delevic

Please verify if both the local computer and the remote computer has the same TCP/IP port configured for remote control in AIDA64 Preferences.

Also verify that the remote computer has accepting incoming connections enabled via e.g. /ACCEPT or /ACCEPTBG command-line option, or via AIDA64 / main menu / Remote / Accept Incoming Remote Connections.

Regards,

Fiery

Exactly under what circumstances did you get those messages?  Did you connect via Remote Control?  If yes, then what did you do when you had those error messages come up?  Do you use AIDA64 v4.20? (latest version)

• 3 weeks later...

Please upgrade to the latest stable or beta version of AIDA64 Business v4.30.  We've done a few tweakings to the Windows Devices enumeration module that may also fix the issues you're experiencing.

• 3 years later...

Hi again after long time :)

I am using aida remote constantly via wan. The problem is , when i enter ip adress and port of remote pc xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5001 , Aida automatically added service port form preferences of pc that I use. So I get IP:5001:5005 and that wont work. So  every time when I need to remotely control another computer, I have to change remote port in preferences (I need to enter port number of remote computer that I need to control). Is there some easier way ?

Regards 

Delevic

4 hours ago, delevic said:

Hi again after long time :)

I am using aida remote constantly via wan. The problem is , when i enter ip adress and port of remote pc xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5001 , Aida automatically added service port form preferences of pc that I use. So I get IP:5001:5005 and that wont work. So  every time when I need to remotely control another computer, I have to change remote port in preferences (I need to enter port number of remote computer that I need to control). Is there some easier way ?

Regards 

Delevic

In order to clarify the nature of the issue: you are using AIDA64 Business, and you go to main menu / Remote / Remote Control, you enter the IP address along with the port number of your choosing, press OK?  Is it the place where you would need AIDA64 to handle the port address selection in a smarter fashion? ;)

16 hours ago, Fiery said:

In order to clarify the nature of the issue: you are using AIDA64 Business, and you go to main menu / Remote / Remote Control, you enter the IP address along with the port number of your choosing, press OK?  Is it the place where you would need AIDA64 to handle the port address selection in a smarter fashion? ;)

Yes, I go to main menu / Remote / Remote Control and I entered IP adress with port number. The problem is that Aida in background add remote control port form preferences/Remote features. That is ok if we use remote control in LAN environment where we use local IP addresses for each computer without port forwarding.

Is it the place where you would need AIDA64 to handle the port address selection in a smarter fashion? ;)

Yes :) It would be nice if AIDA64  automatically use the port that I enter next to the ip address only for that session. And the port in preferences  remain as a port for future access to that specific computer.

ScreenShot323.jpg

ScreenShot324.jpg

On ‎2017‎. ‎04‎. ‎29‎. at 8:47 AM, delevic said:

Yes, I go to main menu / Remote / Remote Control and I entered IP adress with port number. The problem is that Aida in background add remote control port form preferences/Remote features. That is ok if we use remote control in LAN environment where we use local IP addresses for each computer without port forwarding.

Yes :) It would be nice if AIDA64  automatically use the port that I enter next to the ip address only for that session. And the port in preferences  remain as a port for future access to that specific computer.

I've just sent you a private message about this issue ;)

On ‎2017‎. ‎05‎. ‎02‎. at 0:37 PM, delevic said:

Hi Tamas,

Well done. Works like a charm!

As always, this is the best and most efficient technical support ever. 

Best regards to you and your whole AIDA64 team, 

Delevic

Thank you for your feedback and your kind words ;)