HDD temps misconfiguring in AIDA LCD Items

Squall Leonhart

Last night, the HDD's i set in the LCD Items or misconfigured themselves.

Usually restarting AIDA resolves this, but i decided to take a look at the LCD config screen and found that the device assigned to that LCD item was not selected, and that one of the others had changed the drive it was assigned too. Only the HDD temps i assigned were affected.

The only thing i could put it down to, was i had virtualbox running at the time.

The temps themselves did not disappear from smart at all.

That may be due to the revamped hot-plug drive support in AIDA64. Now when you add or remove a disk drive (e.g. a USB HDD), the order of drives may change. We'll try to further improve it to avoid such hassles that you described. Meanwhile, please make sure to use the latest beta release of AIDA64:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1243bw4ylkfd0mzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Thanks,

Fiery

We've once again improved the hot-plug disk support in AIDA64. Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1255xv4smgwy5bzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works. Please note that you may need to reconfigure the HDD labels for the OSD, Sidebar, LCD features once. But after that initial reconfiguration is done, the labelling and ordering should be kept consistent from now on.

Thanks,

Fiery