SensorPanel suggestion and fan control

compunerdy

I would like to be able to add bios version information to the sensor panel without needing to update the text each time I update. Lazy request but I figured I would ask anyways.

I know it has been asked many times but I would also love to see and be glad to pay for Aida64 to control fans. Speedfan works great but its monitoring/UI is nowhere near the level of Aida64's. It would be nice to be able to control fans based off all available temps that Aida reports.

Tim

We've added the BIOS Version hardware monitoring item. Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild3219zk8j3xcnhszip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

I cannot make any promises about the fan control feature though, since it's still not on our roadmap for this year or next year.

Regards,

Fiery

Either way you guys have one hell of a monitoring program and it was well worth the cost. I just know that if you brought this level of a program to the control side it would blow away any of the stuff out there now.

And thanks for the update!!

Unfortunately controlling fans, especially if you wanna do it "right", would take a lot of efforts and resources on our part. And if you fail to configure it properly, quite dangerous things could happen that might just destroy some of your hardware :( It's not something we'd like to deal with in the near future. We do however allocate even more resources on improving the monitoring capabilities of AIDA64 next year.

• 3 weeks later...

BIOS Version is nice, but can we get more? yes I know, us ungrateful bastards always want more...

I would like to be able to see any item from the Aida64 main program tree in the SensorPanel.

for example the top bar in this [partial] mockup, disregard the comments on the powerhistograms:

mCftlDB.png

- now it's just copy the value into a label, if you copy both, you get [label][tab][value] and have to replace the tab by :[space]

- the labels are nice because of the drop shadow, the sensor items lack

regards, Darkje

BIOS Version is nice, but can we get more? yes I know, us ungrateful bastards always want more...

I would like to be able to see any item from the Aida64 main program tree in the SensorPanel.

There are a few issues with that I'm afraid :) First, it's simply not possible to take a value from the AIDA64 main information pages tree and use it somewhere else. You cannot use a "pagegroup/pagename/section/field" formula, because the information bits are not indexed in any ways. AIDA64 provides those information for users to check out, and sometimes to write them to a HTML (or TXT) report file, but that's it. It's not meant to be post-processed, or processed on-the-fly by AIDA64 itself either. So every value you would like to add to the already huge number of hardware monitor items (over 1000 right now) would have to be added manually, by assigning the value to be detected or measured one by one.

The other issue is that the hardware monitoring module of AIDA64 was designed for the single purpose of monitoring constantly changing (dynamically changing) values like utilization, clocks, temperatures, fan speeds, voltages, power draw and such. It's not meant to monitor such values that would most likely never change, like CPU model, total memory size, video adapter model, ForceWare clock rules, etc. It would be quite an overhead and for the most part pointless to detect such properties 1 or 2 times a second, over and over again. Of course any of the listed values may indeed change, but most likely not while keeping AIDA64 up and running. You can change your CPU and video adapter, or add more system memory, but you would have to shut your computer down and then boot it up again. You can adjust ForceWare clock rules anytime, but IMHO it's much more important to know the actual (current) clocks rather than the profile that ForceWare maintains about clocking.

And I know, we've already made an exception with BIOS Version :) That is also one value that most likely never change while AIDA64 is running. We may add a few more of such values that we reckon would make sense to be monitored, and ones that other users may find interesting. But I'd personally feel best if we kept the number of such values at minimum. You can always use a fixed (static) label to display such information on your SensorPanel and LCD anyway -- although if you keep changing your CPU or video adapter frequently, it may be difficult to maintain those labels, I admit ;)

Yeah I see for many of those items refreshing them once every program restart would be enough I suppose, would be odd to refresh it every 2 sec. Ofcourse it could be different for say gpu clocks etc. that can be changed on the fly

No prob for me, I understand it's not meant to be used in that way, but I thought some stats would be nice and it would make the resulting panel more portable if they where like say system variables. as to display the right info for the system without having to edit the label.

Anyway thanks for your -as always- very full reply to a silly question by me.

Regards, Darkje

I would like to echo a few others that it would be a nice feature to be able to display the min/max for temps and fan speeds on the sensor panel.

We're planning to implement that feature in one of the upcoming beta updates to AIDA64. I'll drop a message into this topic once you can try it out ;)

We'll soon implement a control string feature for Static Labels, as explained in the second half of the following forum topic:

http://forums.aida64.com/topic/2610-logitech-arx-control-lcd-for-smartphones-and-tablets/

And as I've requested in my last post there, please post your ideas on other control strings. Please avoid posting *.* there ;) Just focus on the values that you really and definitely want to see on your LCD. We cannot add hundreds of values just because they might come useful one day, but we definitely can add a lot more than the initial set of 7 options.

We'll soon implement a control string feature for Static Labels, as explained in the second half of the following forum topic:

http://forums.aida64.com/topic/2610-logitech-arx-control-lcd-for-smartphones-and-tablets/

And as I've requested in my last post there, please post your ideas on other control strings. Please avoid posting *.* there ;) Just focus on the values that you really and definitely want to see on your LCD. We cannot add hundreds of values just because they might come useful one day, but we definitely can add a lot more than the initial set of 7 options.

Ah that is a great development for me! Thanks for even considering. This is good for semi-static info's and allows for better portability of panels including such info.

I'm checking it out right now, one additional control string I could think of is $aidaversion, ofcourse for displaying the version of aida64 used.

Haha on the *.*, even if I wanted I doubt I could fit aida *.* into one(1) panel.

As always, I'm impressed by the way you follow up on user requests. Thank you very much and  keep up the good work.

Ah that is a great development for me! Thanks for even considering. This is good for semi-static info's and allows for better portability of panels including such info.

I'm checking it out right now, one additional control string I could think of is $aidaversion, ofcourse for displaying the version of aida64 used.

Haha on the *.*, even if I wanted I doubt I could fit aida *.* into one(1) panel.

As always, I'm impressed by the way you follow up on user requests. Thank you very much and  keep up the good work.

Thank you for the feedback ;) As for $AIDAVERSION, are you looking for a string like "AIDA64 v5.00.3308" or "v5.00.3308" ?

Thank you for the feedback ;) As for $AIDAVERSION, are you looking for a string like "AIDA64 v5.00.3308" or "v5.00.3308" ?

Either will do, I guess. The first option seems like a good idea to me, good to have AIDA64 in it, but others might want to have only the number, and add their own label or leave it out to be more compact, so I guess the later one gives a bit more freedom.