fixed: SMART data using UAS drivers

steeviebops

I see that AIDA64 doesn't display the SMART data of my external hard disk when I'm using it on my Windows 8.1 machine, but it does on Windows 7. Windows 8 is using the USB Attached SCSI (UAS) driver while Windows 7 uses the standard USBSTOR driver. If I force the disk to use the USBSTOR driver on Windows 8, the SMART data appears normally.

Does the UAS driver simply prevent SMART from working?

1) Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Disk Debug --> SMART Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.

2) Also right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Disk Debug --> RAID Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.

3) Also let me know what is the model name of your external drive.

Thanks,

Fiery

Apologies for the delay, wasn't following the topic, oops!

RAID dump and SMART dump attached from a Windows Server 2012 R2 box, but my desktop PC running Windows 8.1 experiences the same behaviour.

The drive is a 2TB Seagate Expansion Desktop drive. The drive inside the chassis is a Seagate ST2000DM001-1E6164 (W1E4DXG1).

raiddump.txt

smartdump.txt

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...