Possible BSOD because of Stability settings

hvgsel51

Hello,

I own an Asus N76VB laptop with an Intel I7-3630QM processor, which BSOD's sometimes. It has a Nvidia Optimus config with 2 GPU's.

I set the 'Wake up GPU's at AIDA startup' to be able to monitor the NVidia GPU with Sensorpanel.

After a lot of optimizing the drivers of the system and the latest Crucial update for my MX100 SSD, my laptop still BSOD's sometimes with a 0x9F code.

When I run without AIDA64 the system seems to be more stable.

Is there any chance that stability settings can cause the BSOD?

I've added an overview of my settings in the attachment.

Regards, Hugo

post-9245-0-36061800-1426803861_thumb.jpg

AIDA64 performs low-level operations that might collide with other services or processes (or the UEFI layer, or a Windows driver) in rare occasions. So yes, while constantly monitoring your system with AIDA64, it is possible that the monitoring feature causes a system error, but it's a very rare issue that fortunately plagues not many PCs around. Of course, the issue may not be related to AIDA64 at all :) It's quite difficult to diagnose such issues, unless of course the BSoD is more meaningful or the issue comes up more regularly.

Regards,

Fiery

Are there any specific settings, maybe related to Asus, from which it's known they might collide?

My first idea would be AI Suite, but I suppose it only works on desktop PCs. Do you have any Asus software installed on your laptop, one that may perform system monitoring?

Yes, AI suite is only for desktops. Only Asus ATK Package, Instant Key and Live Update are installed, all latest release. I have already excluded a lot of possible problems.

To refrase my question : With some settings you already mention that they might lock up the system.

Which settings in general are known to cause most system problems? So i can switch them off one by one to see if things improve.

Regards, Hugo

On your particular system I don't think disabling any of the Stability options would make a difference, system most of them are manufacturer specific ones. You can of course try to disable those that you deem unrelated to your system, like the Apple, Dell, Koolance, T-Balancer, Toshiba, Volterra ones, but I doubt it would fix anything.