will aida64 support products released after its current version?

newhere

Lets say that i buy a copy with 1 year of updates, a while after a new gpu gets out, lets call it Nvidia X, which went out to the market after the aida64 has finished its free updating period.

will aida64 still support new products or will every product released after its current version won't work properly? (i.e 0c at temperature or stuff like that).

i really want to know.

It depends on the type of hardware in question. Future GPUs cannot be supported, because their IDs usually do not leak before their launch. CPUs and chipsets are different beasts, usually they are supported months (in some cases 6+ months) before their market launch. Motherboards, and especially special sensor tweakings cannot be implemented before the market launch of the actual motherboard model in question. New, hot technology advancements like NVMe can sometimes be supported before an actual product hits the market.

Regards,

Fiery

It depends on the type of hardware in question. Future GPUs cannot be supported, because their IDs usually do not leak before their launch. CPUs and chipsets are different beasts, usually they are supported months (in some cases 6+ months) before their market launch. Motherboards, and especially special sensor tweakings cannot be implemented before the market launch of the actual motherboard model in question. New, hot technology advancements like NVMe can sometimes be supported before an actual product hits the market.

Regards,

Fiery

so basically i cannot advance with my computer parts without keeping the renewal of aida64's subscription?

what's the point of keep using an old version if it is dependent on updates?

its like buying an anti virus and keep using it after a year without updates.

so basically i cannot advance with my computer parts without keeping the renewal of aida64's subscription?

Yes, but it's not because we want you to pay again, but because we cannot implement support for all future hardware. And implementing support for new technologies, newly released hardware is a constant work on our part. That's why we have to release beta updates every week (sometimes twice a week), and stable updates every 2-3 months. AIDA64 not like most software: it's not enough to update it once a year to keep it fresh and bug-free. It's not easy to keep AIDA64 up-to-date, and if you are a sort of hard-core user who keeps his hardware always up-to-date, then it's necessary for you to keep AIDA64 up-to-date as well by using the latest version. Of course it's not mandatory, so e.g. if you buy a new video card and your old AIDA64 version doesn't support it, but you can live without monitoring your new video card, then you can still keep using the old AIDA64 version.

what's the point of keep using an old version if it is dependent on updates? its like buying an anti virus and keep using it after a year without updates.

Yes, AIDA64 is a bit like an anti-virus, but only if you keep changing your hardware. If you keep your hardware for years, then you can keep your old AIDA64 for years, you don't have to always have the latest version installed. Unless of course you want to use a new feature that is not related to hardware, like the RemoteSensor and Logitech Arx modules that we've rolled out last December.

An example of a case when you don't need to renew AIDA64 for years: the last computer I've assembled for myself was back in 2011. It was based on a Z68 chipset, Core i7-2600 "Sandy Bridge" CPU, and Windows 7 64-bit. I've kept the system almost intact for 4 years, and only a few days ago I've retired it an switched to a completely new PC. If I purchased AIDA64 back in 2011, just because of new technology rolling out I wouldn't have had to renew my license until today. Now that my new computer is based on the latest hardware (Z170 + Skylake) and has the latest OS (Windows 10) installed, I would have to renew my license. But between today and 2011 the old license would have worked perfectly.

so.. will it not detect the card or just show temps as 0? will it be able to provide any info at all?

and btw i buy a new parts for my pc (processor, memory, motherboard, gpu etc.) every 3-4 years when mine starts to be outdated, so yea it might be a good idea to sub after 3-4 years for 1 year and then get to another 3-4 years break.