Gadgets on Win 8,8.1 and 10

philhu

Your gadgets works so well on win7.  There is a free gadget 'layer' for win8,8.1 and 10, but your code does not recognize it.  So although I can select items for the gadget, it never shows up on win 10

The thirdparty layer is called sidebar.   It would be cool to support it.  It cannot be much different than the old API, since all old gadgets work on it.

Thank you, we'll check it out. I'm not sure what does the Samsung frame has to do with the Desktop Gadgets or SensorPanel though. I hope you know that you can use the SensorPanel and the LCD module in the same time ;) Just because you have a Samsung frame, it doesn't mean you cannot use the SensorPanel along with it :) If you only need a few items on it, you can configure the SensorPanel easily to suit your needs.

BTW, we've checked it out, by installing the tool called "Desktop Gadgets Revived 2.0". And it works fine with the AIDA64 Desktop Gadget on our Windows 10 64-bit TH2 test system. You just need to right-click on the Windows Desktop --> Gadgets to enable the AIDA64 gadget. On Windows Vista and Windows 7 AIDA64 can automatically activate the gadget, but with this tweak (I mean Desktop Gadgets Revived) you have to place it on your Desktop manually.

• 4 months later...

Hi Fiery, this was working fine until this morning with latest update to windows 10. any idea/solution?

It still works fine on our test systems running Win10 64-bit TH2. Are you on the Win10 stable channel (TH2), or on the Insider Preview channel (RS1) ?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...