Blackscreens with Aida64 and R9 Fury in ULPS

viperdsl

The old AIDA64 version handled ULPS in the very same way as before we've applied the 2 workarounds in the recent betas. The only difference may have been that an old AIDA64 version may have been unable to report anything about R9 Fury Series ;) And when it comes to an unknown GPU, AIDA64 will not read anything from it, so it won't cause any issues when ULPS is active.

As for Windows 10, it's hard to tell. I personally have made the upgrade on all my personal computers, but it doesn't work flawlessly. I still believe Windows 7, even at its RTM state was a more mature and more roboust OS. Windows 10 will soon get to that level of maturity, but it's just not there yet. If it weren't useful for AIDA64 development purposes, I would have waited until the Redstone Update (Spring 2016) for moving to Win10.

One thing absolutely great about Win10 though is the UWP app development using Visual Studio 2015. It's just very smooth, and it makes app development light-years easier than before (using Win8.1 + VS2012). But, it's sadly a niche "market". Most app developers are still not interested in making Windows apps, and I suspect most of them won't change their minds before next summer (the earliest).

The SSD? No. The SATA controller where the SSD is connected to? Maybe :) Polling SMART information is done via calls to the SATA/IDE controller driver, and there anything could go wrong. Fortunately it's very rare that things go wrong, but it could happen.

Maybe ULPS is not enabled in Catalyst (Crimson) under Windows 10 due to technical or other issues? Win10 uses WDDM 2.0, and that brings major changes in video drivers too. Maybe AMD will enable ULPS only in future video drivers under Win10.

• 7 years later...

Hello, I am experiencing a different, albeit  similar issue. Every starts great on bootup. Aida64 auto starts and shows on my sensor panel with proper resolution/aspect ratio. However, when my computer goes to sleep and I wake it up, the screen will minimize on the sensor panel, basically squashed and not sure what the issue is. 

Is there a setting in Adida64 I should have on or off to stop this from happening. Thanks for your input. 

System specs:

Asrock b550 Taichi 

Asus Tuf 3060 ti 

Ryzen 5950x