RAM Stress Test hardware failure. Any tips?

I recently built my new rig and I am running some stress tests on my system to ensure stability. Everything works fine when using Asus' ROG RealBench software but when I use AIDA64 I start running into issues. The first time I ran AIDA64 I ran the stress test with stock preferences and settings for the trial version and the CPU, FPU, Cache, Memory, and GPU boxes checked. The test ran for 4 1/2 hours before a hardware failure was detected. I then tried running the test again and this time it only lasted 20 minutes. I then unchecked the 'Stress GPU' box and tried again, and it only lasted about 20 minutes again. I am now running the test without the 'Stress Memory' box checked as well now (leaving only CPU, FPU, and Cache left checked) and it's been 2 hours with no faults yet.

My guess is that it has something to do with my RAM, but I have no idea as to why or how. And if it is my RAM causing issues, is it a fatal error or will I be ok and I should just move on? Is there anything I can do to fix this? I am including some screen shots of my system specs and numbers.

On the picture with the red circle around my RAM speed, just ignore that, my memory is actually running at 3000 (I am using G. Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3000 RAM) as you can see in the CPU-Z pics. On the screenshot of my BIOS settings, on the line for my DRAM Frequency, that has also been changed to Auto instead of [DDR4-3000 30x10...]

Let me know if I need to provide any more info. I do not really know how to use AIDA64 so this is new to me.

UPDATE: The stress test on the CPU, FPU, and Cache has been running for 11 hours now. I am now fairly certain that my hardware failure had to do with my memory during it's stress test. Will this cause a problem later on or should I just leave it alone?

UPDATE 2: Sadly the stress test failed at 11 hours 28 minutes. I'm not really sure what I should try next. Screenshots of failed test is now also attached. Any tips on what I can do to make this more stable would be much appreciated.

post-34979-0-13705700-1463510817_thumb.png

post-34979-0-96465200-1463510826_thumb.png

post-34979-0-65461300-1463510831_thumb.png

post-34979-0-70953100-1463510841_thumb.png

post-34979-0-37241600-1463510846_thumb.png

post-34979-0-86643000-1463544840_thumb.png

post-34979-0-77493800-1463544972_thumb.png

Edited by MythicalMalice

You can try the following to resolve the issue, which seems to be related to the memory or cache subsystem:

1) Update the motherboard BIOS

2) Re-check all memory timings to make sure they match the values G.Skill recommends

3) If none above helps, it may be best to lower the memory clock and/or to use more relaxed memory timings. Sometimes a simple change like upping the Command Rate (tCR) from 1T to 2T can do magic ;)

I personally would never trust a setup that generates hardware failure errors in any stress test software.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Trolus55
      I want to use them on my sensor panel, but they don't show up, only temps, power draw, TDP% and vram usage of the GPU is present. It worked on my old Gigabyte 2070 super but on Gigabyte 3080 lhr it's not showing up. Is there a fix for it?
    • By TheNope
      Hi everyone,

Here are the specs,

Aorus Master x570
      Ryzen 9 5900x @ 4GHZ
      4 sticks of 8gb Trident Z Neo @ XMP 3733MHz
      Aorus Master RX 6800XT (not overclocked but sometimes I enable the rage mod in WARZONE)

Corsair HX850i

At idle temps are amazing GPU 29-36, CPU 35-40
      While gaming 45 - 65(rarely) GPU 55 - 70 (70+ rarely depending on the game)

BUT, PCH diode almost never goes below 70, and when gaming goes around 80-82

I am trying to figure out why my pc does random restarts, so thinking this could be one of the problems. Initially I thought it's a PSU problem and needed an upgrade so temporarily disconnected few RGB accessories, dropped CPU 4.2 to 4GHZ and 3800MHz to 3733MHz not to stress my PSU until I get a 1000W. Haven't had any restarts for almost 2 months, today had 3 restarts in one day. PSU is 5 almost 5 years old. All other parts in PC are less than a Year old. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome and thank you in advance for the time:)
    • By ruineves1994
      Sometimes when stopping stability tests I got a Window popping up an error like "ACCESS VIOLATION IN MODULE AIDA 64.EXE , access violation at address aida64 1efa0174" and I can only close the aida 64 by task manager after that .
      I think my computer is stable , at least it seems to be ... 

PC specs :
      AOC monitor with 21" and freesync , 75hz
      Gigabyte b450 gaming X
      AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4 (with RGB) at 3200mhz with XMP profile 1 enabled
      XFX RX 580 GTS XXX 4gb
      Bitfenix formula gold 550w
      3 hdd´s from WD , 1 wd green , 1wd black ,1 wd blue
      1 ssd ( kingston a400 120gb)
    • By Klimentiy Kulapov
      Hello.
      I was testing my system memory and got a warning 20 seconds after the test started, I also recently got a blue screen twice with an error of memory management. And all of above started when i bought the second ram module Kingston ValueRAM [KVR16N11/8] , btw the first one is exactly same. Idk what to do, I`ve already tried to reinstall them and it gives same result.
      My motherboard is GA-H81M-S1 rev 2.0 

• By hannibal
      Hi it is my system spec:
      Cpu: 6700k intel
      Ram: 2x8 GB gskill trident z royal 3600Mhz ( run at xmp 3600 Mhz)
      mobo: ix code asus
      vga: xFx Rx 580 gprs 8 GB
      Power: cooler master 650 W
      long short , sometimes when i playing games i get bsod Watch dog timed out error or game crash to desktop, i did not have this problem before and i did not change anything in my pc since i have no bios change or hardware change i mean, i tried reinstalling windows also and update driver etc ...
      well after all of this i decided to check my system with aida 64 stability test and well here i am : FPU test after 10 sec stop and show me system failure error. ( i do not get bsod watch dog error during this or other stress tests) also i ran other stress testes for 30 45 min and no error seems like it just happen for fpu.
      i just wanna figure out what part of my pc is making this problems. 
      pls help since this is the most weird problem i had ever.