Problem with alerts

Fyew-jit-tiv

Fiery,

This is a problem i have reported to you before, This has been going on since v1.2+ and i have change OS HP to Ultimate, Mobo x2, CPU, Ram and still getting the same problem. Long story short when i setup up alerts as seen in capture1 al is ok but log onto system the next day and all alerts will disapair as seen in capture 2.

Your thoughts please.

Thanks

We've tried to replicate the issue, but it seems it may not be related to the original issue that we've already fixed in Build 1334.

Do you have those fans (pumps) spinning before you open the AIDA64 Preferences? If yes, then approx. what RPM can you see for them on the Computer / Sensor page?

We've tried to replicate the issue, but it seems it may not be related to the original issue that we've already fixed in Build 1334.

Do you have those fans (pumps) spinning before you open the AIDA64 Preferences? If yes, then approx. what RPM can you see for them on the Computer / Sensor page?

Pumps are running when system is powered on. do i need to setup the alerts before checking the sensor page.?

No, you don't need to open the Preferences first. What I meant to check is whether your fans are actually spinning before you open the Preferences. Because if not, then those entries will be considered missing (invalid) by the hardware monitoring layer of AIDA64, and they will automatically be removed from the list of available hardware monitor items.

If possible, please phrase your words more carefully and more friendly. I'm here for the sole purpose of trying to help you fix the issues you're having with AIDA64. In many cases a certain issue is not the fault of AIDA64, but due to other pecularities of the system configuration, or due to a misunderstanding of AIDA64 features.

I of course understand your pumps are always spinning, although there could be more than 2 pumps in your system, so my question was actually valid, no matter how you interpret it. And my question was more about "Can you see them spinning on the Sensor page?" rather than "Are they actually spinning?". I'm sure you understand the difference between those 2 questions ;) We need to make sure it's not a measurement issue in the first place. Because if for some reason sometimes AIDA64 is unable to measure the pump RPMs, it could easily explain the missing alerting items.

Alternative method to check that is verifying that the two pump readings can be selected as an OSD Panel item or Sidebar Gadget item in the Preferences. If those readings are missing from all hardware monitoring modules in the Preferences, then it must be a measurement issue, and not actually an Alerting feature related bug.

Serious Fiery whats the chances of the problem being replicated on 3 different mobos, 2 sets of ram, 2 different cpus and 2 os's ????? so do you see my frustration here. And might i point out that when i previously reported this problem you denied there was a problem then in this post you say you fixed the problem a while back ;) , and now the problem still exists... can you see whats going on here...? One of the only reasons I'm now using Adia64 is because of the alerts, if any of my pumps go down whilst I'm not at my system the that's a disaster, This problem has not been fixed for months so in truth its not worth me using the program.

We indeed fixed one of the issues about the Alerting module, on March 23, 2011. We have a pretty accurate revision history that confirms that. We've done several test runs to assure the bug fix is working. Your issue may be another one, a new one, that the original bug fix didn't solve.

If you don't want to help us track down the problem, then please let me know, and I'll close this topic.

And once again, I'd like to remind you that this is a friendly forum, and no matter how frustrated you are, you should be more calm and talk more friendly with not just me, but everyone here.

Friendly as in the statement you you issued to me in post #11 "And my question was more about "Can you see them spinning on the Sensor page?" rather than "Are they actually spinning?". I'm sure you understand the difference between those 2 questions ;)" now that sound like your being patronising to me...!