fixed: Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SMART values

gbohn

Hi;

I just build a new system on an Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1 motherboard. I have a Samsung 950 Pro M.2 drive mounted on the motherboard's M.2 socket. I'm using AIDA64 Extreme 5.80.4000.

I don't see the 950 Pro listed under the Storage/SMART section, despite seeing an entry for it in Storage/Physical drives. I noticed that under 'sensors', I do see an entry for the temp. of an 'NVMe Samsung 950 Pro' as well.

The 'Samsung Magician' software does show 'Smart entries' for this drive.

Is there any chance for AIDA64 to display S.M.A.R.T. values for this drive?

This is under Windows 7 64 Pro. I tried the Samsung 2.4.7 NVMe drivers as well as the newer 2.0 drivers with the same effect.

Thanks;

P.S.: This is booted in Legacy/CSM mode, not UEFI in case that makes a difference.

Hi;

I installed the beta version 5.80.4032, and I now see an entry for the Pro 950. Thanks.

It doesn't seem to have any of the Threshold/Value/Worst scaled entries.  Do those values still apply to NVMe drives?

But this is much better than before.

Thanks;

950-Pro-SMART.jpg

8 hours ago, gbohn said:

Hi;

I installed the beta version 5.80.4032, and I now see an entry for the Pro 950. Thanks.

It doesn't seem to have any of the Threshold/Value/Worst scaled entries.  Do those values still apply to NVMe drives?

But this is much better than before.

Thanks;

NVMe doesn't support thresholds/value/worst fields as ATA/SATA drives do.