Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1 'T_Sensor', 'CHA_FAN3'

gbohn

Hi;

Running AIDA64 5.80.4000 under Win 7 64 Pro on my Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1, I noticed two sensor values seem to be missing.

1) I have installed the single optional external 'Thermal sensor', but I didn't immediately see an entry for it. (See No-Tsensor.jpg).

2) It also appears that there are no entries for at least one of the motherboard controlled fans. The motherboard has CPU_FAN,  CPU_OPT, and CHA_FAN1 through CHA_FAN4.

I have fans connected to CPU_FAN (PWM), CHA_FAN1 (PWM), CHA_FAN2 (PWM), and CHA_FAN3 (DC). I don't seem to see an entry for the CHA_FAN3, although it isn't currently rotating because the set temperature is below the threshold. Do these entries only show up for fans that are rotating?

I notice that the GPU entry does show up when it's not rotating... Since these are 120 mm and 140 mm fans, I usually don't need them rotating very fast.

3) I think that 'Fan #21' is the Aquaero 6 Pro connected fan (Having AIDA64 import this is really helpful for recording!). I also suspect that 'Temperature #2' is the Aquaero 6 Pro attached thermal sensor (using Aquasuite 2017-1.3). It's a bit tricky trying to determine what the generic 'temperature #x' values are from.

Thanks;

No-T_Sensor.jpg

1) "T_Sensor" should appear as "Temperature #1". Previously you may have had a similarly labelled temperature reading coming from your Aquaero device, but then by adding "T_Sensor", those readings (Temperature #n) are shifted by one, making room for "T_Sensor".

2) Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade. Let me know if it helps about the missing fan.

GPU fan: what video card do you have?

3) Yes, Fan #21 comes from your Aquaero device. And I understand the issue of figuring out which reading comes from which device. We'll try to improve on that in the next AIDA64 release.

9 hours ago, Fiery said:

1) "T_Sensor" should appear as "Temperature #1". Previously you may have had a similarly labelled temperature reading coming from your Aquaero device, but then by adding "T_Sensor", those readings (Temperature #n) are shifted by one, making room for "T_Sensor".

2) Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade. Let me know if it helps about the missing fan.

GPU fan: what video card do you have?

3) Yes, Fan #21 comes from your Aquaero device. And I understand the issue of figuring out which reading comes from which device. We'll try to improve on that in the next AIDA64 release.

Thanks, I'll try the latest beta.

To answer your question In the meantime, I have a new MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X video card. The whole system is new, and as far as I remember I think the fan doesn't start until it gets above something like 60 degrees C (or some warm temperature).

So, showing up at 0 RPM seems correct as far as what I was under the impression should happen (for that card and those conditions at that time). I did see it report a speed (about 1100 RPM) under load in a quick test I did).

> After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

> Let me know if it helps about the missing fan.

I tried the 5.80.4032 Beta version, and the chassis #3 fan still didn't show up (when not turning). But, I changed the BIOS Fan control settings so that it is always rotating, and now it shows up.

It appears that it is only displayed when it it is rotating. I don't know if that means it will cause problems for the log as it starts and stops.

In my case, since I know there is a Fan #3 that may or may not be turning, it would be nice if there was some way to tell the logging that I would like it be displayed even when stopped. Unlike Chassis fan #4 which I know currently doesn't have anything connected.

Is there any way for you to tell if a fan is actually connected, even when stopped? Does a PWM fan work any better in that regard?

CHA-3-Turn.jpg

It works the way it's supposed to be. It's due to the fact that it's not possible to tell the difference between a stopped fan and an unconnected fan :(  AIDA64 shows the 0 RPM reading only in the SensorPanel and LCD modules.  But first you need a spinning fan to place the items on your panel, and then when it stops, 0 RPM will be shown.  On the Sensor page the stopped fans will not be displayed.

As for the GTX1080 fan issue, please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Video Debug --> nVIDIA GPU Registers. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first. Make sure to have the video card fan spinning at a non-zero RPM when you're issuing the dump.

Thanks,
Fiery

> As for the GTX1080 fan issue, please right-click on the bottom status ...

I attached the data you requested (I got the card heated up a bit by running the GPU benchmark until the fan started).

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I didn't think I really had a fan issue with the graphics card.

I think the fan doesn't start moving on this card (if it's in 2D/desktop mode at least) until the GPU temp. reaches 60 C. So, at idle I was expecting it to read 0. And it did display a speed once the temp. got above 60.

Thanks;

nvidiagpureg.txt

8 hours ago, gbohn said:

> As for the GTX1080 fan issue, please right-click on the bottom status ...

I attached the data you requested (I got the card heated up a bit by running the GPU benchmark until the fan started).

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I didn't think I really had a fan issue with the graphics card.

I think the fan doesn't start moving on this card (if it's in 2D/desktop mode at least) until the GPU temp. reaches 60 C. So, at idle I was expecting it to read 0. And it did display a speed once the temp. got above 60.

Thanks;

nvidiagpureg.txt

Thank you. I think I misunderstood you then :) All looks fine in the dump, so no issues :)