Task Scheduler causes SST interface to lag when started.

Whenever I start AIDA64 through the Windows 10 Task Scheduler and I run the CPU+FPU+cache test under SST the entire interface of SST will become Not Responding for a few seconds then it will begin. However the interface is laggy meaning the line graphs update every 7-12 seconds and the Elasped Time counter will update every 8-12 seconds. Trying to click through the tabs will cause a 2-3 second lag. When I start AIDA64 normally either from the desktop shortcut or aida64.exe inside the installation directory, SST is not laggy when Started, the line graph updates every second so does the Elasped Timer and the tabs are responsive.

I have a laptop with Windows 7 and I did the same steps to try and see if the bug exists and it doesn't. So it has something to do with Windows 10's Task Scheduler not playing nicely with AIDA64's SST when a stress has been Started?

NOTE: It doesn't matter if it's "Load AIDA64 on Windows startup" option is used or a manual Task Scheduler task is set, the issue persists for Windows 10.

I guess either the AIDA64.EXE process or the SST/benchmark process (AIDA_BENCH64.DLL or AIDA_BENCH32.DLL) may get started with a sub-optimal priority setting through the Task Scheduler.  The main process that also updates the SST interface (AIDA64.EXE) has to have a higher priority setting than the SST process. By default the main process uses the Normal priority level, and the SST process uses the Below Normal priority level. However, if for some reason they use the same priority level or the SST process uses a higher priority level than the main process, then the SST interface update will not get enough CPU cycles from the Windows kernel scheduler, which will make the SST interface jerky/lagging.

Regards,
Fiery

On 14/02/2017 at 1:38 AM, Fiery said:

I guess either the AIDA64.EXE process or the SST/benchmark process (AIDA_BENCH64.DLL or AIDA_BENCH32.DLL) may get started with a sub-optimal priority setting through the Task Scheduler.  The main process that also updates the SST interface (AIDA64.EXE) has to have a higher priority setting than the SST process. By default the main process uses the Normal priority level, and the SST process uses the Below Normal priority level. However, if for some reason they use the same priority level or the SST process uses a higher priority level than the main process, then the SST interface update will not get enough CPU cycles from the Windows kernel scheduler, which will make the SST interface jerky/lagging.

Regards,
Fiery

I see, do you also experience the same issue? My solution is to just start AIDA64 manually everytime I reboot.

On ‎2017‎. ‎02‎. ‎15‎. at 10:13 AM, 00110100 said:

I see, do you also experience the same issue? My solution is to just start AIDA64 manually everytime I reboot.

No, we cannot replicate the issue on our own test systems. Have you verified the priority settings on your computer?

Also, I don't think the difference between Windows 7 and Windows 10 across your computers is the key to this issue. It's rather the hardware difference. Can you please tell us more about your Windows 10 computer?  Motherboard model, CPU type, video card(s) model?

1 hour ago, Fiery said:

No, we cannot replicate the issue on our own test systems. Have you verified the priority settings on your computer?

Also, I don't think the difference between Windows 7 and Windows 10 across your computers is the key to this issue. It's rather the hardware difference. Can you please tell us more about your Windows 10 computer?  Motherboard model, CPU type, video card(s) model?

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/KF28yf

AIDA64.exe just runs on Normal priority whether it's ran manually or through a scheduler. aida_bench64.dll runs at below priority as what you mentioned by default whether it's ran manually or through a scheduler.

6 hours ago, 00110100 said:

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/KF28yf

AIDA64.exe just runs on Normal priority whether it's ran manually or through a scheduler. aida_bench64.dll runs at below priority as what you mentioned by default whether it's ran manually or through a scheduler.

Thank you. We'll check it on a similar Sandy Bridge configuration soon.