LCD management

romP44

Hello,

I'am now happy to use AIDA with my 256x64 OLED display (ER-OLEDM032 based on SSD1322). This display is in my home theater computer next to my TV and my home cinema amplifier.

58ab5dbe1f959_Sanstitre.png.39b73f3cf66fabde3e5ae0a0f9bbed2a.png

I have some suggestions:

• Have a fade time between each page to have smooth transitions.
  • Be able to automatically display one or several pages depending on which software is running (i.e : game => temperature pages, movie => page with name of the movie, desktop => page with date and hour).
  • Is VLC supported to get file name, status and elapsed time? I do not know the software BS Player, and Winamp cannot be used for movies.
  • Why I do not get the duty cycle of fans except the one of my GPU ? I have only fan speed. With other software, I have PWM of all fans.
  • Status of BS Player or Winamp to be changed in French : "Jouer" => "Lecture", "Stoppé" => "Arrêté". I have edited my lang_fr.txt file.

Thanks !

1) Smooth transitions and animations are not supported because of the limitations of the LCD rendering engine.  It's really not designed to handle such effects and it doesn't support complex associations between slides/pages.

2) It'd be quite difficult to automatically detect which type of usage is currently going on on the computer :) And due to multi-tasking, detecting the starting or stopping of certain processes could be misleading too.

2) VLC is not supported at this time. Do you have a sample code that can take such details from a running VLC process? BTW, Winamp should be able to play movies too -- although it's not the ideal tool for the job :)

3) It's because fan duty cycle is a misleading value that shall be ignored. You should rather focus on the fan RPM readings. The GPU duty cycle was implemented only because certain video cards only support duty cycle detection, and doesn't support fan RPM measurement. For most motherboard fans both are always supported, so we only deal with the RPM measurement for motherboards.

4) Please send me your updated French language module in email, and I'll take a look into those changes ;)

Thank you!

1) OK

2) you could get the list of processes running on the computer, display it in the Preferences window and for each one, attribute a Page number to be displayed http://stackoverflow.com/questions/876224/how-to-check-if-a-process-is-running-using-delphi

3) I don't know by heart the maximum speed of my fans, so I my opinion it's easier to see the duty cycle. I cannot know if they are running fast or slow with RPM value. Edit: I have been able to display what I want using bar, minimum 0 RPM, maximum adjusted by setting manually fan to max speed. Options for LCD pages are great ! :D

58acbf9ed8028_IMG_20170221_232722768.jpg.e584cc2e29af02d7a8ff1f40a7427d69.jpg

4) I'll send the file by mail ;)

For VLC, it is possible to get info by HTTP. First , in the option of VLC, Web interface must be activated. Then in a web browser, it's possible to get info from VLC at this address : http://localhost:8080/requests/status.xml

Example of answer:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<root>

<fullscreen>0</fullscreen>
<audiodelay>0</audiodelay>
<apiversion>3</apiversion>
<currentplid>4</currentplid>
<time>6</time>
<volume>289</volume>
<length>21374</length>
<random>true</random>
<audiofilters>
  <filter_0></filter_0></audiofilters>
<rate>1</rate>
<videoeffects>
  <hue>0</hue>
  <saturation>1</saturation>
  <contrast>1</contrast>
  <brightness>1</brightness>
  <gamma>1</gamma></videoeffects>
<state>playing</state>
<loop>false</loop>
<version>2.2.4 Weatherwax</version>
<position>0.0003166749374941</position>
<repeat>false</repeat>
<subtitledelay>0</subtitledelay>
<equalizer></equalizer><information>
    <category name="meta">
    <info name='filename'>halloween eq.mp3</info>    </category>
  <category name='Flux 0'><info name='Canaux '>Mono</info><info name='Fréquence d&#39;échantillonnage'>44100 Hz</info><info name='Type '>Audio</info><info name='Débit '>128 kbit/s</info><info name='Codec '>MPEG Audio layer 1/2 (mpga)</info></category>  </information>
  <stats>
  <lostabuffers>0</lostabuffers>
<readpackets>104</readpackets>
<lostpictures>0</lostpictures>
<demuxreadbytes>105324</demuxreadbytes>
<demuxbitrate>0.016014367341995</demuxbitrate>
<playedabuffers>251</playedabuffers>
<demuxcorrupted>0</demuxcorrupted>
<sendbitrate>0</sendbitrate>
<sentbytes>0</sentbytes>
<displayedpictures>0</displayedpictures>
<demuxreadpackets>0</demuxreadpackets>
<sentpackets>0</sentpackets>
<inputbitrate>0.016173057258129</inputbitrate>
<demuxdiscontinuity>0</demuxdiscontinuity>
<averagedemuxbitrate>0</averagedemuxbitrate>
<decodedvideo>0</decodedvideo>
<averageinputbitrate>0</averageinputbitrate>
<readbytes>105884</readbytes>
<decodedaudio>251</decodedaudio>
  </stats>
</root>

More info : https://wiki.videolan.org/VLC_HTTP_requests/

https://wiki.videolan.org/documentation:modules/http_intf/

It seems there are other ways to communicate with VLC: https://wiki.videolan.org/Control_VLC_instance/

Processes: We of course have the code to enumerate running processes. I just find it quite complicated to configure it that way. E.g. if you want to configure it for a particular game, you need to launch the game, go back to AIDA64, find the process in the list of processes, etc.  To do that with all the games and applications you use on your computer is quite a task. Not to mention you need to do that in the future with newly installed games/applications. Let's just say it's not a feature we would see implemented in AIDA64, unless there's a very easy way of detecting the computer state.

Duty cycle: Fan duty cycle is quite misleading, since when the duty cycle is configured and then detected at e.g. 30%, it doesn't mean the fan is actually spinning. Focusing on the RPM is a lot better, since that way you can be aware of a stopped or clogged fan.

VLC: I'm sorry, but both HTTP and Telnet protocol is way too overkill to be used in the AIDA64 hardware monitoring module. And DBus is not supported by Windows.