External LCD (LCDsysinfo for GOverlay)

ANUBIS

Hi, i have a question, regarding this external LCD:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCDsysinfo-for-GOverlay-USB-2-8-034-TFT-LCD-Module-gamer-gadget-FPS-Hype-Smartie-/121106592717

They say, it can read Aida64 sensor information. What does it mean ? Can this LCD show Aida64 information exactly the same way as Logitech G19 LCD ?

And which LCD support i need to select from Aida64 Preferences under LCD section ?

No, it doesn't work like that.  The LCDsysinfo and LCDsysinfo for GOverlay LCD devices do not support direct addressing.  In other words, you cannot just render a nice colourful bitmap and send it over to the display via the USB connection. So they cannot be used in AIDA64 directly.  What you can do is activate External Applications support in AIDA64, and pass along the measured sensor values to the LCDsysinfo software.  And that software (developed by the same folks who're selling those displays on the 'Bay) will handle the LCD, and display the values in a way that you set it up in that software.

Ok, thank you.

For now i use Logitech G19 LCD that i extracted from the keyboard, but this is a temporary solution and needs Logitech keyboard drivers and software installed. (i already have a Razer keyboard, so current solution is not the best)

Is there some similar external LCD that can be used with Aida64 ? (same size, same resolution, USB connection) but without extra software ?

10 minutes ago, ANUBIS said:

Ok, thank you.

For now i use Logitech G19 LCD that i extracted from the keyboard, but this is a temporary solution and needs Logitech keyboard drivers and software installed. (i already have a Razer keyboard, so current solution is not the best)

Is there some similar external LCD that can be used with Aida64 ? (same size, same resolution, USB connection) but without extra software ?

External LCDs with small colour graphical screen and an interface that can be directly handled by AIDA64 with no special API are quite rare actually. AX206 hacked firmware picture frames come to mind, but I'm not sure if you can still buy one on eBay. Then there's Digital Devices USB SideshowTouchDisplay, but that may also be a thing of the past. LCDInfo may still produce USBD480, it's a great display, but it may be too large (it's 4.3") and too expensive for your project:

http://www.lcdinfo.com/products/usbd480-wq43.html

I think you can still order Odroid-Show:

http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G139781817221

But it's quite slow: it takes cca. 9 seconds to update the whole screen, so it's 1/9 FPS. The most interesting one is probably the Saitek Pro Flight Instrument Panel:

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/fip.html

But it's again, quite expensive, and requires Saitek's own drivers to work, with their own API. And of course there're large picture frames by Samsung (SPF Series), but several users have issues with them, and they're quite large too:

And I guess that's about it.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎2018‎. ‎04‎. ‎20‎. at 7:40 PM, clean said:

Hello,

I have an external 4K camera LCD that I would like to display my custom background images and sensor panel info; what's the process? Do I need 3rd party application for this to work?

What interface do you use (or could use) to connect your LCD to your computer?

On ‎2018‎. ‎05‎. ‎05‎. at 1:19 PM, clean said:

I'm using an HDMI cable.

If you connect an external display using a HDMI cable to your computer, then the display should appear as a regular monitor under Windows.  And then you can simply extend your Windows Desktop to your new display, and use the AIDA64 SensorPanel instead of the LCD module.

• 2 years later...
On 3/6/2017 at 5:22 PM, Fiery said:

No, it doesn't work like that.  The LCDsysinfo and LCDsysinfo for GOverlay LCD devices do not support direct addressing.  In other words, you cannot just render a nice colourful bitmap and send it over to the display via the USB connection. So they cannot be used in AIDA64 directly.  What you can do is activate External Applications support in AIDA64, and pass along the measured sensor values to the LCDsysinfo software.  And that software (developed by the same folks who're selling those displays on the 'Bay) will handle the LCD, and display the values in a way that you set it up in that software.

Hi , and this ? : https://www.goverlay.com/content/lcdsysinfo2/
It is the news lcdsysinfo , and apparently he works with aida64, same as G19. no ?

On 12/7/2020 at 4:04 PM, Fiery said:

That's the LCDsysinfo for GOverlay device that is not supported by AIDA64 (as stated above).

"As always you can use LCDSysInfo 3.5'' with all the applications GOverlay connects to ( HWiNFO, AIDA64, OpenHardwareMonitor, SIV, SpeedFan......"
Why they said that ?

On 12/9/2020 at 8:52 PM, ViruS said:

"As always you can use LCDSysInfo 3.5'' with all the applications GOverlay connects to ( HWiNFO, AIDA64, OpenHardwareMonitor, SIV, SpeedFan......"
Why they said that ?

Because AIDA64 doesn't have direct support for the display, but it can share the measured data with other software like the one made by LCDsysinfo.  Their software then communicate with their own display and do whatever it has to in order to display the data sent by AIDA64.

• Like 1

So if I buy this screen, I have to install aida and their software to see 
the information?
This is for a PC VR plugged into TV only and working only for VR,
I want to connect an external color lcd usb screen with the info
in order to see the stats of the next pc when the TV screen is busy

On 12/14/2020 at 11:40 PM, ViruS said:
So if I buy this screen, I have to install aida and their software to see the information? This is for a PC VR plugged into TV only and working only for VR, I want to connect an external color lcd usb screen with the info in order to see the stats of the next pc when the TV screen is busy

LCDsysinfo displays work with the software provided by LCDsysinfo, but the sensor readings has to be fed by a 3rd party software like AIDA64.  So in case you'd like to monitor your sensor values, you need both AIDA64 and LCDsysinfo's own software to be installed and running.