Corsair AX1500i

This is probably true for other PSU's from Corsair as well.

When I look at the PSU with Link4 I can see a couple of values I'd like to monitor. The efficiency and the overall power in and out. Not sure why Aida64 doesn't have them (Is it because they are values that Link4 calculates? If so, the Wout is the sum of the power drawn by 12, 5 and 3.3V (power is current * voltage) and the efficiency is Wout/Win*100, all quite easily calculated). Sadly Aquasuite, the app I use to monitor my PC, doesn't have the ability to do any calculations with data it fetches (with the exception of some basics with temperatures), so I can't get any of these parameters onto my monitor.

We've done test runs and research about those values, but they didn't look good.  The input power simply was inaccurate.  And the output power and efficiency are calculated values, using such formulas that vary over different PSU SKUs.  It's simply not scientific enough for us to deal with :)

4 minutes ago, Fiery said:

We've done test runs and research about those values, but they didn't look good.  The input power simply was inaccurate.  And the output power and efficiency are calculated values, using such formulas that vary over different PSU SKUs.  It's simply not scientific enough for us to deal with :)

Have you had a chat with Corsair about it?

9 minutes ago, SverreMunthe said:

Have you had a chat with Corsair about it?

Not really. The AXi firmware seems quite bad quality anyway (for example: the USB protocol is quite unreliable, so a lot of workarounds have to be implemented in a 3rd party software just to read the raw sensor values out of the PSU), so I'm sure Corsair did their best to get around all the issues.  The remaining issues are not major ones, so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to deal with them.

Would it be possible to include some way of manipulating data that Aida64 finds? That way I can do the very simple math of finding it out. Personally I find your argument silly, not wanting to display data that you mean has low quality, you already show the voltage, ampere and watt for each voltage output, and if they are good enough then the efficiency can't be way off? Also, the efficiency quotient is accepted by whoever gives the rating, I guess they don't give that rating based on pure chance? As you can see from the Wikipedia page I link too the rating is taken seriously, but maybe not by you guys?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus

On 2017. 05. 21. at 7:39 PM, SverreMunthe said:

Would it be possible to include some way of manipulating data that Aida64 finds? That way I can do the very simple math of finding it out. Personally I find your argument silly, not wanting to display data that you mean has low quality, you already show the voltage, ampere and watt for each voltage output, and if they are good enough then the efficiency can't be way off? Also, the efficiency quotient is accepted by whoever gives the rating, I guess they don't give that rating based on pure chance? As you can see from the Wikipedia page I link too the rating is taken seriously, but maybe not by you guys?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus

It's not the basic idea of power efficiency that we find problemous.  The issue is with the AXi firmware that produces incorrect (unrealistic) overall power output values.  And if you base your efficiency calculation on an incorrect value, the end result will also be incorrect.

• 2 weeks later...

CPUID HWMON seems to have no issues displaying the correct  values effieciently... Was the same as link4 for both the ax1200i and hx850i.. but again using much less cpu rescources to do so.... just not customisable...