AIDA64 CPU USAGE

oxijex

Hi,

This is more aimed at the developers.... 

I would be more than happy to pay for AIDA64 if it was comparable with other software for CPU Usage... I know that its negligible but nonetheless the difference in CPU usage is startling.... Not only does HWMON give you some extra details like your Current/Min/Max on the sensor screen but its update rate is probably only 100ms vs 1000ms too... So why does AIDA64 consume so much CPU resources to give you less information less frequently.

If AIDA64 Consumed less resources and had a Customisable Sensor window with min/max/current i would consider handing over my money but the way it is now i can't justify the expense. Unless i'm doing something wrong ? 

Just a note, i usually keep a sensor window running cause i like having the data on my seccond screen... so i usually leave the window open next to discord... The only options i saw in AIDA64 were for Taskbar sensor icons and like keyboard led icons and the gadgets... I tried the gadgets and CPU usage was going up to 5%....  Anyway.. Is the any intention to code the sensors better or will it just stay this way ?

Oxi

aida64 vs hwmon.png

Generally speaking, AIDA64 supports more sensor devices than HWMonitor, and collects more sensor readings from those devices.  It may not explain the higher CPU load on your particular system configuration though.  For example, on my main work computer, which is a Core i7-6700K + Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 based run of the mill desktop PC, both AIDA64 and HWMonitor consumes cca. 2% CPU cycles, both with 100 milliseconds update rate.  There's no noticable difference between their impact on the system.

You can lower the 1000 millisec update rate to 100 millisec in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / Update Frequency.

You can track Current / Minimum / Maximum / Average readings by using the Statistics tab of the AIDA64 System Stability Test feature that you can launch from AIDA64 / main menu / Tools.

Regards,
Fiery