Samsung SPF panel will not go into monitoring mode

philhu

It was working fine, even got it to work without crashes (see old post).

Today, it was frozen, with a message on the display about 'LOW MEMORY!!!!! Remove some files before continuing!!!!!

I factory reset panel

I tried to unpower the panel, power it up/down.  If I connect aida64 to it after it is up, it does put up the message about allowing it to go into mini-monitor mode. So it is seeing somthing on the usb.

I rebooted system

I restarted AIDA64

I went into the sensor page for it, and it just hangs, not showing my screens or settings, see enclosed screenshot.

Is there anything I can do to help you to debug this?

ada1.jpg

dont know.  How can i tell, besides loading their software?

What panel that is available, seems the best to use?  This samsung has been nothing but a pain.  One has to be easy to use and keep running?

Can i reflash firmware?  How does one do that?

ok, I have a nice panel for a now broken samsung display.

I did save the panel.  I do have a second monitor, regulare that is running a sensor panel on it as a test.  Can I use the samsung file on the regular monitor?

How would I load it?

18 hours ago, philhu said:

ok, I have a nice panel for a now broken samsung display.

I did save the panel.  I do have a second monitor, regulare that is running a sensor panel on it as a test.  Can I use the samsung file on the regular monitor?

How would I load it?

The best idea is to use an old classic LCD display (monitor) that you can connect via DSub or DVI cable, and extend your Windows Desktop onto it.  Then you can sack the Samsung LCD module and use the much smoother working SensorPanel instead.

If you want to re-use your Samsung LCD layout on your SensorPanel, then simply export the LCD layout (in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD / LCD Items) and import it back to your SensorPanel using the SensorPanel Manager.  You can launch the SensorPanel Manager via the right-click context menu on the SensorPanel.

yes, that is exactly what I want to do.  I do have a second lcd/monitor (ACER) that is connectted by dvi, doing nothing.

So want to take the lcd panel config, export to the sensor panel setup and run it on the second monitor.  I will try that tonight and thank you.

I would have bought another samsung, but they are VERY hard to find and VERY EXPENSIVE!!!

Anyone know of a way to flash the samsungs or have the file?  I could try reflashing the unit.  It will not go into mini-monitor mode no matter what, but everything else works.

i did this, worked fine, except a sensor panel doesnt have pages to go through, so I moved all the data onto a bigger sensor panel.

Modifying the panel is painfully slow.  It can take up to 6 seconds to allow me to select an item so I can move its location, then only allows changes for 2-3 seconds and hangs again, for 6 seconds.

Is this the slow sensor updates behind your back?

On ‎2017‎. ‎08‎. ‎02‎. at 3:41 PM, philhu said:

i did this, worked fine, except a sensor panel doesnt have pages to go through, so I moved all the data onto a bigger sensor panel.

Modifying the panel is painfully slow.  It can take up to 6 seconds to allow me to select an item so I can move its location, then only allows changes for 2-3 seconds and hangs again, for 6 seconds.

Is this the slow sensor updates behind your back?

On the SensorPanel make sure to use a more frequent update rate. 500 milliseconds should be safe, but you can even go down to 100 millisec.