fixed: MSI X299 VRing voltage incorrect

javanse

Hi,

on my MSI X299 SLI PLUS (MS-7A93), the VRing voltage reading is incorrect, AIDA always shows only half the actual voltage, exactly 50% when compared to MSI Command Center and HwInfo.

And fyi: when trying to get the full SMBus reading, the PC insta-rebooted 2 or 3 seconds after the scanning for devices started, so i just took the partial reading.

smbusdump_partial.txt

aida64_vring.PNG

isasensordump.txt

16 hours ago, javanse said:

Hi,

on my MSI X299 SLI PLUS (MS-7A93), the VRing voltage reading is incorrect, AIDA always shows only half the actual voltage, exactly 50% when compared to MSI Command Center and HwInfo.

And fyi: when trying to get the full SMBus reading, the PC insta-rebooted 2 or 3 seconds after the scanning for devices started, so i just took the partial reading.

smbusdump_partial.txt

isasensordump.txt

Thank you for the dumps.  We've fixed the issue in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks for the quick update, with build 4333 the vring voltage reading now is correct and in line with MSI CC and HwInfo. All the other voltages were correct from the beginning, so i consider this one about vring as fixed.

There's another thing i noticed, completely different topic regarding disk enumeration of RAID arrays: i'm running 8x 1 TB WD RE4 in RAID5 on a LSI 9260-8i controller, but when checking Storage => ATA in AIDA64, only 6 out of 8 drives get listed.

aida64_array.PNG

aida64_vringupd.PNG

raiddump.txt

On ‎2017‎. ‎08‎. ‎10‎. at 6:36 PM, javanse said:

Thanks for the quick update, with build 4333 the vring voltage reading now is correct and in line with MSI CC and HwInfo. All the other voltages were correct from the beginning, so i consider this one about vring as fixed.

There's another thing i noticed, completely different topic regarding disk enumeration of RAID arrays: i'm running 8x 1 TB WD RE4 in RAID5 on a LSI 9260-8i controller, but when checking Storage => ATA in AIDA64, only 6 out of 8 drives get listed.

aida64_array.PNG

raiddump.txt

Thank you for the feedback.  We've checked the RAID Dump, and it looks normal, all 8 drives can be found in that particular dump.  So the issue must be somewhere else. Please also post an ATA Dump and SMART Dump, so we can check how AIDA64 slots the drives into those modules.

21 hours ago, javanse said:

Here you go:

atadump.txt

smartdump.txt

Thank you!  It seems the issue is that the HDD serial number fields aren't properly populated, and AIDA64 filters out 2 drives you've got due to similar serial numbers.  We'll fix the issue in the next AIDA64 beta update due in cca. a week from now.  I'll drop a message into this topic once the new build is available for download.

On ‎2017‎. ‎08‎. ‎18‎. at 4:18 PM, Fiery said:

Thank you!  It seems the issue is that the HDD serial number fields aren't properly populated, and AIDA64 filters out 2 drives you've got due to similar serial numbers.  We'll fix the issue in the next AIDA64 beta update due in cca. a week from now.  I'll drop a message into this topic once the new build is available for download.

The mentioned new AIDA64 beta build is available for download at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Please let me know how it works ;)