External Ip +30sec. UpDate

KC8DKT

When I add "external IP" too my LCD the update time goes to ~30sec or longer for every thing on the LCD.  Restarting Aida64 or rebooting the system does not help.  This bug seems to pop up when I am editing the LCD layout and hit apply too often but I could be wrong.

In the past (this is an OLD bug) I could just reboot or restart the PC and the 1sec. updates too the LCD would work fine after that.    Restarting / Rebooting is no longer fixing this problem.  The only way I can get anything on the LCD to update like it should is to Remove or Hide the External Ip obj.

I run the remote LCD setup/layout but I just ran IE and a local LCD for testing and they have the same problem as well.   It WAS working just fine then I moved some of the LCD elements around and the ~30sec. updates started.  Have tested/tried every thing I can think of but it just will not update the LCD with the External Ip turned on at 1, 3, or 5sec. like it should and WAS doing before I edited (just moved some stuff around,  nothing new added) the LCD layout.

On a side note it would be nice (after I can get it working again) if external IP could be added to the "Alerts" so it would popup a warning if the IP changed or if the TXT would change color.  Sense it was added I have put a RED label under the external Ip so if it changed some of the RED txt would show through.   It was the best warning system I could come up with for the LCD but would love a better solution.

Sry about the English/grammar/spelling

Build 5.92.4333Beta

Kinda found the problem,  it would seem I had too much info.   I erased every thing but PAGE1 and removed External Ip,  Applied, added it back on and its working fine again.    I deleted the element before and added it again but did not work, but killing every thing but Page1 seems to have fixed it now.

I'm glad you could resolve it, because we couldn't find out what's wrong on our end.  We've tried to replicate the issue, but the only idea we came up with -- and even that one was a weak one -- is that your internet connection to our server (that provides the external IP info) is very slow for some reason.

As for alerts: the existing AIDA64 Alerting module doesn't support changing label colours when an alert is fired.  You can have a warning message box popped up, your computer shut down or an audio alert fired (played).

• Like 1

It was do to the way the file was saved when I hit apply I still think,  if I import the export for the 15th then import the 12th the bug starts again.   I can upload the 2 exports if you like it may show the same problem if you import them.  Its a Remote LCD setup running in full screen mode on IE 11.

External Ip is not in the list of things that can be added to Alerts that's why I asked if it could be added.   Check the IP on startup and if it does change set off an alert would be GREAT.   As is there is nothing to show that the IP has changed and no way to add it to the Alerts that I know of.

On ‎2017‎. ‎08‎. ‎17‎. at 6:52 PM, KC8DKT said:

It was do to the way the file was saved when I hit apply I still think,  if I import the export for the 15th then import the 12th the bug starts again.   I can upload the 2 exports if you like it may show the same problem if you import them.  Its a Remote LCD setup running in full screen mode on IE 11.

External Ip is not in the list of things that can be added to Alerts that's why I asked if it could be added.   Check the IP on startup and if it does change set off an alert would be GREAT.   As is there is nothing to show that the IP has changed and no way to add it to the Alerts that I know of.

It's a good idea indeed. The problem is that the current Alerting module can only check for changes against a pre-defined value.  So you could set an IP (if there was such an alerting item defined), and when the current one differs from it, then an alert could be fired.  But, the current solution wouldn't be able to recognize the new IP then and check for changes against it from then on.  So first we need to make the whole thing more sophisticated by implementing a simple "change" alert trigger, besides the current "above X" and "below Y" triggers.  Although that one wouldn't be suitable for the rare case when the IP changes while AIDA64 is not running...