AIDA64 Discussion Forum
c2aku

AIDA64 not showing my new installed RAM

I just bought a new RAM and installed it on my laptop and opened AIDA64 and I found out that my new installed ram(KINGSTON) is not showing under SPD in motherboard drop-down menu but it is showing my older RAM(HYNIX)  which was previously installed.

Capture.JPG

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> SMBus Dump (Full). Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

BTW, has the total system memory amount increased after you've installed the new memory module?

Thanks,
Fiery

thanks for the reply.

today, when I started AIDA64 to generate the report, I see now both RAM are visible under SPD I don't know HOW and WHY?

Capture.JPG

On ‎2018‎. ‎02‎. ‎07‎. at 8:05 PM, c2aku said:

thanks for the reply.

today, when I started AIDA64 to generate the report, I see now both RAM are visible under SPD I don't know HOW and WHY?

Maybe there's an intermittent communication issue on the SPD bus that sometimes prevents detection of one of your memory modules.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By no1yak
      As the title says, no info for SPD in version Bata 5.97.4618. CPU-Z reports SPD ok.
    • By Oldmanbythesea
      Hi there I’ve got a peculiar issue that I am unsure if it is system or program related. Am using latest stable release. When running all other tests are fine. Would appreciate any help
      But the moment I start the systems memory test it’ll rise to 100% and hang after 2-3s. No oc on ram. Running on xmp setting. Ram is g.skill trident z rgb 64gb (8x8) 3200
      system:
      6900k OC at 4.5/4.4
      cache OC at 35
      asus rampage v edition 10
      ram as above 
      evga classified 1080ti sli
      evga 1600w psu
      samsung 960 Pro 1TB
      samsung 950 Pro 512gb

• By LUMBERJACK
      Guys I find no info about SPD in my aida software, I've had that problem since years ago, and I can't find the solution, please give me a tip
    • By c20
      I’ve recently acquired a Lenovo ThinkStation C20 (4263) system (Intel Tylersburg 5520).
      The dual-processor mainboard is equipped with six identical 4 GB RAM-Modules.
       The OS w10 pro x64 (10.0.15063.413 (Win10 RS2)) indicates 24 GB of Memory.

AIDA64 indicates 24 GB of Memory in the Memory Tab, but the SPD information lists 12 GB (3 of 6 RAM-modules) only.
      May I ask if this is a bug or a feature?

• By Juan
      Hello I have a toshiba A665-sp6004m laptop with the following specifications: -Operating System • Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit • Intel® Core i7-740QM Processor or 1.73 GHz (2.93 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology), 6MB Cache • Mobile Intel® HM55 Express Chipset • NVIDIA® GeForce® GT330M with 1GB GDDR3 discrete graphics memory, plus up to 1758MB Dynamically allocated shared graphicsmemory using NVIDIA® TurboCache ™ technology. • Configured with 4GB DDR3 (max 8GB) I currently have 2 samsung modules of 2gb of 1066mhz each and I want to increase the ram memory that brings up to 8gb, I offer a crucial memory mark CT5308315 that is compatible with my lap and it is the following: http://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/satellite-a665-sp6004m/CT5308315#productDetails Crucial Brand Form Factor SODIMM Total Capacity 8GB Kit (4GBx2) Specs DDR3 PC3-12800 • CL = 11 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR3-1600 • 1.35V • Crucial Series ECC NON-ECC Speed 1600 MT / S Tracer False Voltage 1.35V DIMM Type Unbuffered Bullet Features But I have also seen the kingston hyper x HX316LS9IB / 4 impact for the same price that I offer the crucial brand with the following specifications: http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/HX316LS9IB_4.pdf CL (IDD) 9 cycles Row Cycle Time (tRCmin) 48.125ns (min.) Refresh to Active / Refresh 260ns (min.) Command Time (tRFCmin) Row Active Time (tRASmin) 33.75ns (min.) Maximum Operating Power TBD W * @ 1.35V UL Rating 94 V - 0 Operating Temperature 0o C to 85o C Storage Temperature -55 ° C to + 100 ° C Here the detail is that I do not know if this Kingston memory is compatible with my laptop, which one would you recommend? Thank you very much