Reset available sensors & missing and duplicate sensors (Asus Rampage V Edition 10)

an3k

Hi everybody,

I have two Computers.

PC 1) ASUS Rampage V Edition 10, Core i7-6950X, Corsair AX1500i, Corsair (Asetek) H115i.

PC 2) ASUS Rampage V Edition 10, Xeon E5-2680 v3, Corsair RM650i, Corsair (Asetek) H115i.

For most of the time PC 1 had a sensor called "Water Pump" for which I had to set a correction so that the pump RPM are shown correctly. I had to do the same for PC 2. Since some weeks PC 1 now additionally shows "Pump #1" for which I don't need a correction. PC 2 still just shows "Water Pump".

For most of the time PC 1 showed Temperature #1, #2 and #3 (I connected the ASUS addon card). Suddenly "Temperature #4" showed up. PC 2 does not even show "Temperature #1" (no ASUS addon card).

On PC 1 the RAM slots are named A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2, D1 and D2. On PC 2 they're named A1, B1, E1, F1.

On PC 1 I don't get a sensor reading of "+3.3 V Power" or "Power Supply" but "GPU TDP%". On PC 2 I do get "+3.3V Power" and "Power Supply" but no "GPU TDP%". I also don't get "+3.3 V Current" on PC 1 but on PC 2. However, I do get "+3.3 V" and "+3.3 V Standby" for Voltage on both PCs and PC 1 even gets "-12 V" Voltage but not PC 2.

On PC 1 I do get "CPU" and "CPU OPT" fan speed readings. On PC 2 I only get "CPU" and once for a very short time (some hours) "CPU OPT".

Is that normal? And if not, how can I tell AIDA64 Business to forget everything about sensors and read all available ones in again?

1) Pump #1 shouldn't be available as a fan on your particular motherboard.  Unless of course PC1 system also includes an additional sensor device that provides the Pump #1 reading.  Also, make sure to have both systems running the same AIDA64 version, and that both systems have the following 2 options enabled in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability:

Embedded Controller (EC) support
Embedded Controller (EC) bank switching

2) Temperature #1 through #4 may be available if T_Sensor1 and/or the EXT_Sensor1..3 sensors are currently connected.  Maybe PC1 provides unreliable (bogus) readings for T_Sensor1 sometimes, but in most cases it's not available.

3) SPD chips are wired in a different way on Broadwell-E (i7-6950X) and Haswell-EP (Xeon E5-2680 v3) processors.  Different SPD controllers are connected to the same DIMM slots, and that is why the DIMM thermal readings labels differ across those CPUs.

4) +3.3V Current, +3.3V Power and Power Supply (I suppose you mean PSU Power by that) are provided by the AX1500i PSU of your PC1.  RM650i of your PC2 system is a less sophisticated PSU than the AX1500i of your PC1 system.

5) GPU TDP% is only available on modern nVIDIA video cards.  Most likely your PC2 features an AMD video card, and only PC1 features a nVIDIA video card.

6) -12V voltage is once again provided by the AX1500i PSU of PC1.

7) On PC2 CPU OPT fan may provide an unreliable reading, or it's spinning too slow for the sensor chip to measure the fan RPM reilably.

8) There's no need and no way to reset the list of sensors that AIDA64 manages, simply because it is always refreshed (polled again) at every AIDA64 startup.

1) PC1 is identical with PC2 and on PC1 I only had Waterpump for most of the time until Pump #1 suddenly appeared. Both systems are also running the identical set of software and also the same versions (AIDA64, Corsair LINK, etc.). On both systems Embedded Controller (EC) support is enabled and Embedded Controller (EC) bank switching is disabled since I never needed bank switching and read that it causes troubles and can cause damages.

2) Roger

3) Silly manufacturers :)

4) Right, the AX1500i of PC1 is more sophisticated than the RM650i of PC2 but the later provides more sensor readings.

5) PC1: nVIDIA GeForce GTX1080, PC2: nVIDIA GeForce GTX1050Ti

6) See 4)

7) I'll check that

8) Roger, Roger

Thanks for your feedback so far, hope it's a AIDA64 problem regarding those sensors and not a hardware issue (simply because I don't want to dissemble and RMA anything ;))

PC1

PC1.PNG

PC2

PC2.PNG

AX1500i vs RM650i: Make sure to enable both Corsair AXi sensor support and Corsair HXi/RMi sensor support on both systems, in order for AIDA64 to properly handle both PSUs.  They use very different protocols BTW, and the one used in the AXi PSU is prone to be less reliable than the more stable protocol of RMi.

GPU TDP% should be available for both your GPUs.  On your PC2 system (with GTX1050Ti) please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Video Debug --> nVIDIA SMBus Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,
Fiery

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2018‎. ‎03‎. ‎11‎. at 3:58 PM, an3k said:

I don't have Corsair AXi sensor support or Corsair HXi/RMi sensor support

PC1

PC2

PC2 nVIDIA SMBus Dump

nvidiasmbusdump.txt

The missing options means that you're not using the latest beta build of AIDA64.  We're rolling out a new stable update next week, so make sure to upgrade to that then, and then the new options will be there on the Stability page.

As for the GTX1050Ti, it doesn't seem to be able to monitor its TDP% measurement. It looks like a hardware limitation.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2018‎. ‎03‎. ‎28‎. at 10:29 PM, an3k said:

I just installed the update and made sure both options are enabled but sadly it doesn't make any difference at all. I still have the very same sensors available on PC1 and PC2 I had before the update.

On the system where you have missing readings about your PSU, please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> Corsair Link Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Also right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> USB PSU Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.

Thanks,
Fiery

I do have Corsair LINK installed on both systems. Same version on each. In AIDA I had "Corsair Link sensor support" enabled but since it didn't made any change on both systems I disabled it because I don't want another software hooked up in the "sensor reading process". I have the same amount of sensors with or without that option enabled. I guess it's for Corsair Commander stuff (Fan Controller, etc.) that can only be read through Corsair LINK software?

Both PSUs have a red hardware LED that lights up whenever sensor data is being read. I noticed that on PC2 (RM650i) the PSU doesn't send any data as soon as the AIDA OSD is hidden (but AIDA still running in system tray). On PC1 the PSU (AX1500i) keeps sending data even when the OSD is hidden. It only stops after AIDA is completely closed.

corsairlinkdump.txt

usbpsudump.txt

EDIT: Regarding 7) the Fan is indeed not sending out data, the BIOS simply shows "0". I just need to check if the fan or the sensor itself is damaged.

EDIT 2: The fan is borked. A different one immediately let the sensor pop up in AIDA with some logical RPMs.

On 2/22/2018 at 4:55 PM, an3k said:

For most of the time PC 1 had a sensor called "Water Pump" for which I had to set a correction so that the pump RPM are shown correctly. I had to do the same for PC 2. Since some weeks PC 1 now additionally shows "Pump #1" for which I don't need a correction. PC 2 still just shows "Water Pump".

For most of the time PC 1 showed Temperature #1, #2 and #3 (I connected the ASUS addon card). Suddenly "Temperature #4" showed up. PC 2 does not even show "Temperature #1" (no ASUS addon card).

I found out the reason behind these too issues. As soon as Asetek LC sensor support is enabled two new sensors appear, "Temperature #1" and "Pump #1".

However, on PC2 the same option is enabled too but I don't get these two sensors shown at all. Maybe a driver issue?

30 minutes ago, an3k said:

I found out the reason behind these too issues. As soon as Asetek LC sensor support is enabled two new sensors appear, "Temperature #1" and "Pump #1".

However, on PC2 the same option is enabled too but I don't get these two sensors shown at all. Maybe a driver issue?

It means you have an Asetek LC based water cooling system in your system ... somewhere ;) 

Hehe yeah. PC1 as well as PC2 both have a Corsair H115i (Asetek). PC1 additonally has a watercooled graphics card from Corsair which uses a H50 or H55 (also Asetek).

To verify that the two sensors are not from the graphics card I enabled the option so see the sensor values and then set the H115i from "Performance" (~3100 RPM) to "Quiet" (~2000 RPM) in the Corsair LINK software. Both sensors ("Water Pump" = physical fan header on the mainboard and "Pump #1" = Asetek LC sensor support) went down from ~3100 RPM to ~2000 RPM.

How come that Asetek LC sensor support on PC1 shows these two additional sensors while on PC2 it does nothing?

On 2/22/2018 at 4:55 PM, an3k said:

On PC 1 the RAM slots are named A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2, D1 and D2. On PC 2 they're named A1, B1, E1, F1.

Regrading this issue I found the DMI information in AIDA. Core i7-6950X is PC1, Xeon E5-2680v3 is PC2.

PC1.thumb.PNG.a2775a243dfb3f82c3f4da0022363f07.PNG

PC2.thumb.PNG.fc55e6c3b9346833f0e114cb2e1888f8.PNG

I assume AIDA isn't using the DMI to name the RAM slots but some extremely complex and patent pending algorithm instead? ;) Or is it because PC2 has two Memory Arrays (with 4 slots each; because of the CPU) and PC1 has just one (with 8 slots)?

• 1 month later...

Any updates? PC1 got rid of the Asetek AIO and gets cooled by a complete custom loop so no interference from these anymore.

It would be awesome if AIDA could show the wattage the AX1500i eats/provides just like the RM650i. I posted the USB PSU Dump a while back.

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:16 PM, an3k said:

Any updates? PC1 got rid of the Asetek AIO and gets cooled by a complete custom loop so no interference from these anymore.

It would be awesome if AIDA could show the wattage the AX1500i eats/provides just like the RM650i. I posted the USB PSU Dump a while back.

I'm afraid I lost track of the potential issues about your systems :) Do you have any remaining issues or potential bugs?

As for the AX1500i, what is the exact reading that you miss that you have on RM650i?

I thought so. No problem :) I'll multi-quote the stuff still present. Thanks for taking time to read&answer while writing code to improve AIDA ;)

PC 1) ASUS Rampage V Edition 10, Core i7-6950X, Corsair AX1500i, Corsair (Asetek) H115i.

PC 2) ASUS Rampage V Edition 10, Xeon E5-2680 v3, Corsair RM650i, Corsair (Asetek) H115i.

Issue 1

For most of the time PC 1 had a sensor called "Water Pump" for which I had to set a correction so that the pump RPM are shown correctly. I had to do the same for PC 2. Since some weeks PC 1 now additionally shows "Pump #1" for which I don't need a correction. PC 2 still just shows "Water Pump". On both systems Embedded Controller (EC) support is enabled and Embedded Controller (EC) bank switching is disabled.

Cause 1)

I found out the reason for this behavior. As soon as Asetek LC sensor support is enabled two new sensors appear, "Temperature #1" and "Pump #1". However, on PC2 the same option is enabled too but I don't get these two sensors shown at all.

How come that Asetek LC sensor support on PC1 shows these two additional sensors while on PC2 it does nothing? Driver issue?

Issue 2

On PC 1 the RAM slots are named A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2, D1 and D2. On PC 2 they're named A1, B1, E1, F1. You replied with "SPD chips are wired in a different way on Broadwell-E (i7-6950X) and Haswell-EP (Xeon E5-2680 v3) processors.  Different SPD controllers are connected to the same DIMM slots, and that is why the DIMM thermal readings labels differ across those CPUs." but I checked the DMI information in AIDA and saw this

PC1

PC1.thumb.PNG.a2775a243dfb3f82c3f4da0022363f07.PNG

PC2

PC2.thumb.PNG.fc55e6c3b9346833f0e114cb2e1888f8.PNG

Issue 3

I also have a new problem now that labels RAM on PC1 as A0, A1, B1, B2, C1, C2, D1, D2 in the OSD Panel but it still remains A1,A2,B1,B2,C1,C2,D1,D2 in AIDA itself. Is A0 actually A1 and A1 actually A2 or is A1 still A1 and A0 actually A2? How come these differences between AIDA and its OSD Panel?

Issue 4

Sometimes AIDA does not show the installed RAM modules in Computer > Summary even though it does know the installed modules. The installed modules should be shown in category "Motherboard" between System Memory and BIOS Type. I also noticed that sometimes not the whole information is read from the DIMM, see last screenshot.

PC2_RAM.thumb.PNG.9200c403c4f6363a0cc6b9b13b0bd362.PNG

PC2_RAM2.thumb.PNG.4c68072cb5514ce0cb7b34f574457a14.PNG

image.thumb.png.4ba1805a3baecf4de938298e2523f057.png

Issue 5

The following sensors cannot be read from the AX1500i but from the RM650i: +3.3V [Current], +3.3V [Power], Power Supply [Power].

The following sensors cannot be read from the RM650i but from the AX1500i: -12V [Voltage]

corsairlinkdump.txt

usbpsudump.txt

Issue 6

Both PSUs have a red hardware LED that lights up whenever sensor data is being read. I noticed that on PC2 (RM650i) the PSU doesn't send any data as soon as the AIDA OSD is hidden (but AIDA still running in system tray). On PC1 the PSU (AX1500i) keeps sending data even when the OSD is hidden. It only stops after AIDA is completely closed.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed a new issue, please see attached screenshots.

CPU sensor temperature is different to those in SpeedFan (buggy), MSI Afterburner and HWMonitor.

Additionally there is a huge temperature rise when load is applied to the CPU and a huge drop when there is no load anymore.

Idle.PNG

Load.PNG

AIDA.PNG

It's rather difficult for us to track your individual issues because it's flooding a single topic and causing single posts to become very long.  After resolving these issues please post new issues into separate, new topics.  That way we'll be able to sort them out much easier, and focus on them individually.

Issue #1 (Asetek LC): There may be a firmware version difference/discrepancy between your seemingly similar H115i devices.  Please create an USB Dump on both systems, so we can compare the two Asetek based devices you've got.  Right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> System Debug --> USB Dump.  Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.  You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Issue #2 (RAM slot labels): Please note that DMI information has nothing to do with enumerating SPD memory modules directly.  DMI information is collected by the BIOS at bootup, so its accuracy depends on the accuracy of the BIOS.  And since it rides on the BIOS, DMI information can be adjusted down to be specific to each motherboard model and CPU type.  It is much easier to assure its accuracy than when you've got a generic method.

Issue #3 (first 2 RAM slot labels on OSD Panel): Maybe it's because you've previously edited the OSD item labels and AIDA64 remembers that label that you've previously specified.  You can reset those OSD items if you close AIDA64, go to AIDA64 installation folder, open AIDA64.INI for editing (using e.g. Notepad), find the lines starting with OSDItem_TDIMMTS and remove those lines from the AIDA64.INI file.

Issue #4 (unstable SPD modules enumeration): On Haswell-E and Broadwell-E processors SPD enumeration is quite unstable, caused mainly by the SPD bank switching mechanism that is unique to DDR4 memory modules.  We've improved on that a number of times already, but it seems it's still not 100% stable.  I'm afraid we've run out of ideas on what way could we make it more stable :( 

Issue #5 (missing PSU readings): +3.3V current reading fails on your AX1500i PSU.  I'm not sure why that is, but in the dump it's clearly failing.  That causes the missing +3.3V power reading as well (since +3.3V power is calculated by multiplying +3.3V voltage and +3.3V current readings).  That also causes the missing PSU power reading, since PSU power is calculated by adding up +3.3V power, +5V power and +12V power.  Corsair RMi PSUs do not monitor -12V voltage rail.

Issue #6 (background polling of sensor readings): It's most likely caused by another AIDA64 hardware monitoring module that keeps running in the background even with the OSD Panel disabled/hidden.  On PC1 make sure to check if you have other modules enabled, like Desktop Gadget, LCD, External Applications or Logging.

I wonder if my AIDA64 Business license also included support or just more features?!

Support and maintenance is included in all AIDA64 licenses.  If you mean that you need a fresh beta build of AIDA64 Business, please send me a private message about it.

Issue #6 (CPU temperature): We're pretty sure we're using the right sensor chip rail to measure CPU temperature on your motherboard.  If it's not in line with other software's measurements, it's not really the fault of our software :) 

3 hours ago, Fiery said:

It's rather difficult for us to track your individual issues because it's flooding a single topic and causing single posts to become very long.  After resolving these issues please post new issues into separate, new topics.  That way we'll be able to sort them out much easier, and focus on them individually.

Ok

3 hours ago, Fiery said:

Issue #5 (missing PSU readings): +3.3V current reading fails on your AX1500i PSU.  I'm not sure why that is, but in the dump it's clearly failing.  That causes the missing +3.3V power reading as well (since +3.3V power is calculated by multiplying +3.3V voltage and +3.3V current readings).  That also causes the missing PSU power reading, since PSU power is calculated by adding up +3.3V power, +5V power and +12V power.  Corsair RMi PSUs do not monitor -12V voltage rail.

Corsair iCUE as well as Corsair LiNK (the software) as well as HWiNFO64 can read the PSU power readings. Based on how quickly these values are shown and how often they're updated it looks like not all values are transmitted with every request but only eg. every third request.

HWiNFO.png.38f0e9cff427c578038de19d951de0bd.png

3 hours ago, Fiery said:

Issue #6 (CPU temperature): We're pretty sure we're using the right sensor chip rail to measure CPU temperature on your motherboard.  If it's not in line with other software's measurements, it's not really the fault of our software :) 

What about the weird temperature spikes and drop in the Stability Test screen for CPU (not CPU Package)?

Issue #5 (missing PSU readings): As you can see, HWiNFO64 cannot measure +3.3V current or +3.3V power either, since it's not provided by your PSU for some reason.  The total PSU power comes from a different PSU register, but we've never found that reading dependable or accurate enough to use it, especially the power in and efficiency values which are just estimates and can wildly differ from the actual values.

Issue #6 (CPU temperature): My understanding is that the CPU temperature reading follows CPU load closely, so I cannot see an issue there.  It would be odd and hard to explain if CPU temperature risen while CPU load drops, but I don't think that's the case.

On 7/4/2018 at 11:28 AM, Fiery said:

Issue #3 (first 2 RAM slot labels on OSD Panel): Maybe it's because you've previously edited the OSD item labels and AIDA64 remembers that label that you've previously specified.  You can reset those OSD items if you close AIDA64, go to AIDA64 installation folder, open AIDA64.INI for editing (using e.g. Notepad), find the lines starting with OSDItem_TDIMMTS and remove those lines from the AIDA64.INI file.

I followed your advise. I now have the wrong naming again (A1,A0,B1,B2,C1,C2,D1,D2). After removing those lines, starting AIDA again and configuring the OSD Panel I now see these lines in the ini file:

OSDItem_TDIMMTSA1=<ORD>128</ORD><SHOW>1</SHOW><FONTNAME>Segoe UI</FONTNAME><FGCOLOR>5242703</FGCOLOR><TEXTSIZE>11</TEXTSIZE><BOLD>1</BOLD><ITALIC>0</ITALIC>
OSDItem_TDIMMTSA2=<ORD>129</ORD><SHOW>1</SHOW><FONTNAME>Segoe UI</FONTNAME><FGCOLOR>5242703</FGCOLOR><TEXTSIZE>11</TEXTSIZE><BOLD>1</BOLD><ITALIC>0</ITALIC>
OSDItem_TDIMMTSA3=<SHOW>0</SHOW><FONTNAME>Segoe UI</FONTNAME><FGCOLOR>5242703</FGCOLOR><TEXTSIZE>16</TEXTSIZE><BOLD>1</BOLD><ITALIC>0</ITALIC>
OSDItem_TDIMMTSB1=<ORD>130</ORD><SHOW>1</SHOW><FONTNAME>Segoe UI</FONTNAME><FGCOLOR>5242703</FGCOLOR><TEXTSIZE>11</TEXTSIZE><BOLD>1</BOLD><ITALIC>0</ITALIC>
OSDItem_TDIMMTSB2=<ORD>131</ORD><SHOW>1</SHOW><FONTNAME>Segoe UI</FONTNAME><FGCOLOR>5242703</FGCOLOR><TEXTSIZE>11</TEXTSIZE><BOLD>1</BOLD><ITALIC>0</ITALIC>
OSDItem_TDIMMTSB3=<SHOW>0</SHOW><FONTNAME>Segoe UI</FONTNAME><FGCOLOR>5242703</FGCOLOR><TEXTSIZE>16</TEXTSIZE><BOLD>1</BOLD><ITALIC>0</ITALIC>
OSDItem_TDIMMTSC1=<ORD>132</ORD><SHOW>1</SHOW><FONTNAME>Segoe UI</FONTNAME><FGCOLOR>5242703</FGCOLOR><TEXTSIZE>11</TEXTSIZE><BOLD>1</BOLD><ITALIC>0</ITALIC>
OSDItem_TDIMMTSC2=<ORD>133</ORD><SHOW>1</SHOW><FONTNAME>Segoe UI</FONTNAME><FGCOLOR>5242703</FGCOLOR><TEXTSIZE>11</TEXTSIZE><BOLD>1</BOLD><ITALIC>0</ITALIC>
OSDItem_TDIMMTSC3=<SHOW>0</SHOW><FONTNAME>Segoe UI</FONTNAME><FGCOLOR>5242703</FGCOLOR><TEXTSIZE>16</TEXTSIZE><BOLD>1</BOLD><ITALIC>0</ITALIC>
OSDItem_TDIMMTSD1=<ORD>134</ORD><SHOW>1</SHOW><FONTNAME>Segoe UI</FONTNAME><FGCOLOR>5242703</FGCOLOR><TEXTSIZE>11</TEXTSIZE><BOLD>1</BOLD><ITALIC>0</ITALIC>
OSDItem_TDIMMTSD2=<ORD>135</ORD><SHOW>1</SHOW><FONTNAME>Segoe UI</FONTNAME><FGCOLOR>5242703</FGCOLOR><TEXTSIZE>11</TEXTSIZE><BOLD>1</BOLD><ITALIC>0</ITALIC>
OSDItem_TDIMMTSD3=<SHOW>0</SHOW><FONTNAME>Segoe UI</FONTNAME><FGCOLOR>5242703</FGCOLOR><TEXTSIZE>16</TEXTSIZE><BOLD>1</BOLD><ITALIC>0</ITALIC>

I guess I can figure out what A1 and A2 is but I still wonder how AIDA suddenly thinks there's A0 now.

On 7/4/2018 at 11:28 AM, Fiery said:

Issue #6 (background polling of sensor readings): It's most likely caused by another AIDA64 hardware monitoring module that keeps running in the background even with the OSD Panel disabled/hidden.  On PC1 make sure to check if you have other modules enabled, like Desktop Gadget, LCD, External Applications or Logging.

I checked everything and noticed I had one LCD enabled. I disabled it and made sure nothing else is enabled. However background polling is still happening.

Issue #3 (first 2 RAM slot labels on OSD Panel): Please send us a screen shot of both the Computer / Sensor page and the OSD Panel, right next to each other if possible.  Make sure to have the DIMM-related thermal readings visible on both windows.

Issue #6 (background polling of sensor readings): Please send us your AIDA64.INI file, so we can check the configuration for all hardware monitoring modules.  If you don't want to share your file with others, please send me a private message and we'll go from there.