AIDA64 Discussion Forum
slyphnier

samsung Note8 OREO UPDATE, not showing temperature

Hello everyone

i just receiving oreo update for note8 device few days ago

i often use aida for temperature monitoring, but since the update it no longer showing the SoC/CPU temp

it still showing battery and AC temp

is it know issue ? (planned to be fixed in next update) or there is away to make it work just like before ?

on 7.1.1 everything was showing properly

Most likely Samsung decided to remove those temperatures from the latest Oreo update.  You can verify the theory by checking other apps, e.g. HWMonitor.  They should measure the same set of temperatures than AIDA64.  If they do, it's a platform limitation, and not a bug in our app (AIDA64).

hello

thanks for the information

i check-ed with HWmonitor and yes, another apps also showing the same things like AIDA64

its to bad samsung decide to remove those temps... wonder what the reason they removing those ?

because before oreo update, those sensor-temp always available

On ‎2018‎. ‎04‎. ‎04‎. at 10:23 PM, slyphnier said:

hello

thanks for the information

i check-ed with HWmonitor and yes, another apps also showing the same things like AIDA64

its to bad samsung decide to remove those temps... wonder what the reason they removing those ?

because before oreo update, those sensor-temp always available

I have no idea why they've decided to cripple the thermal subsystem like that.  Google did the same with Nexus and Pixel devices, so it's sort of an unfortunate trend :( 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Dr4g0n
      Hello, 
      i own this mainboard: gigabyte x399 designare ex
      and i'm missing also 2 Onboard Temp-Sensor, in HWMonitor it is shown but Aida64 (Beta 4577) dosnt show it.
      By the way i own also a ADAPTEC HBA 1100-24I SINGLE Raidcontroller and the Temp also not showen....  
      My Temp Sensor Logs (ISA & SMBus) are attatched. 
      isasensordump.txt
      smbusdump_full.txt
    • By Minh Khang
      I've been just build my new PC based on Ryzen platform. Here's the specs:
      Mainboard: Asrock X370 Gaming X
      CPU: AMD Ryzen R5-1600
      RAM: 2x4GB Gskill Ripjaws V
      GPU: MSI GTX1060 OC Tiger 6Gb
      SSD: Kingston 128GB
      PSU: Xigmatek Shogun II 600W
      OS: Win 10 Creators (with latest update & all driver installed)
      But when I open AIDA64, it shows the 5V+ and 12V+ which is overcurrent as picture below (5.6 & 14Volt). I'm so scared. Please help me.
      sorry for my bad english

• By RealCybertron
      I bought  my PC recently, and I noticed that my system temperature is pretty high. I ran multiple tests with AIDA 64, HWInfo and HWMonitor and they all showed some problems which I do not know to solve on my own.
      First of all, my CPU voltage is not stable and can go very very high. For example while playing some games, the voltage hits up to 1.5V and so the temp hits for about 72C. I'm using a stock Spire cooler so this is very dangerous. I tried to change my CPU voltage in my motherboard to 1.2V but to no avail. My PC started, it loaded up my config and the screen turned off while the EZ debug led lighted up.
      I never tried overclocking but I changed the curve of my GPU fan speed, as it was also getting hot during gaming. 
      One last thing, a small red led is always lit up between my CPU socket and RAM. I asked about its purpose to a technician and he said to me that it shows that my motherboard is getting power. I thought it was a little bit ridiculous and I still don't know its purpose. Maybe it's an indicator for over voltage?
      My specs: Ryzen 1500x with Spire cooler
      GTX 1080 graphics card
      8x2 2400 mhz ram
      MSI b350 mortar motherboard
      650w 80+ power supply
      Windows 10 as OS

I can provide pictures of my system and its benchmarks/monitoring
    • By SMD79
      Hi!
      Just installed a new intel 5960x cpu replacing my 5930k cpu. My friend who knows computers did it, carefully removing the thermal paste off the old cpu and applying a short line of it (maybe 3/4" long) on the new CPU in between it and my cpu cooler (Zalman Liquid Cooler). My system was build 2 years ago by company that specializes in creating systems for Premiere Video editors, which I am. They overclocked the new 5960x cpu at 3.9Ghz at 1.250v, just as they had done with the 5930k one and then they recommended I run Aida64 overnight and then when I shared the numbers with them they said "they were okay as they were within spec". Just wanted to share the results here and ask what you all think. Is it strange that every other core seemed to consistently be hotter? Cores 1, 3, 5 and 7 were all close to 10 degrees hotter than 2, 4, 6 and 8. Is that normal? The test I ran for a little over 9 hours and kept the CPU, FPU, and Cache boxes checked. No crashes or anything and it's run well this weekend as I was back editing again. See the attachment for the exact numbers and let me know if their reply of "it's okay as the numbers are all within spec" is correct. I generally trust them as they've provided great support the last 2 years, but just wanna make sure. 

• By pck1980
      Hi,
      I'm using the latest stable version of AIDA64 to monitor the system temperatures on my PC (Ryzen 1800X on Gigabyte GA-AB350M Gaming 3). Today, I noticed that AIDA64 shows strange values for the CPU temp, which I think started with a BIOS update from F2 to F4.
      CPU Diode seems to show the same temperature as AMD's Ryzen Master, but with a 20-degree offset (which is intended for the 1800X, but the latest update of Ryzen Master removed that offset). The second CPU temperature AIDA64 shows (simply labled 'CPU') however is now completely messed up: When the system is idle, it sometimes goes down to values below 20 degrees Celsius.
      It seems to me that it is always some 15 degrees below the temperature shown by Ryzen Master (which hopefully is the real one) and thus approx. 35 degrees below the value shown under 'CPU diode'.
      It would be great if 'CPU' would show the real temperature (again) and if the 20-degree offset was removed from 'CPU diode'.