AIDA64 Writes to serial ports

Du-z

Hi,

I've noticed that AIDA64 writes data to random serial ports when 'Low-level SMBus operations' is checked in the Preferences > Stability tab

the data sent always seems to be the bytes "0, 224, 0, 255"

This is a problem because i have been tinkering with a platform called Arduino which uses a serial port to update the 'sketch'. 80% of the time when i try and update the sketch i will get the error "Serial port 'COM3' already in use. Try quiting any programs that may be using it.". However when i disable 'Low-level SMBus operations' it works 100% of the time

of course disabling 'Low-level SMBus operations' isnt really and option as it disables all of the sensor information.

Please try to enable SMBus operations again, but disable Koolance TMS-200 support. Then restart AIDA64 to apply the changes.

Let me know if it helps.

BTW, do you have a T-Balancer device connected to your computer? Or the T-Balancer driver installed?

Thanks,

Fiery

Disabling Koolance support didnt help.

I don't have a T-Balaner, But I did some research on it, and it look like it uses a FTDI chip just like the Arduino system, My guess is that it also uses the same generic FTDI VCP drivers. However I have changed the PID of my project.

Does the Arduino's FTDI driver put a FTD2XX.DLL file into the \Windows\System32 folder? AIDA64 uses that DLL module to issue commands to T-Balancer sensor devices.

In the next AIDA64 beta we'll implement a new option on the Stability page of the Preferences to let you disable the T-Balancer detection. I'll drop a message in this topic once the new AIDA64 beta is available for download.