Writing sensor values to registry GTX 1060 notebook (Dell Inspiron 7577)

paradoxx

Hi. I'm having an issue so that AIDA is not displaying check boxes of Used Video Memory, Free Video Memory and GPU in Cooling Fans category of External application section. There are simpy not those boxes for my GTX 1060 6GB (Dell Inspiron 7577 laptop) Card.  

Here is an example made with GTX 1050 about what the boxes are concerned: https://ibb.co/npTySy

Please, give you your thought.

Thx in advance.

21 hours ago, paradoxx said:

Hi. I'm having an issue so that AIDA is not displaying check boxes of Used Video Memory, Free Video Memory and GPU in Cooling Fans category of External application section. There are simpy not those boxes for my GTX 1060 6GB (Dell Inspiron 7577 laptop) Card.  

Here is an example made with GTX 1050 about what the boxes are concerned: https://ibb.co/npTySy

Please, give you your thought.

Thx in advance.

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Video Debug --> nVIDIA GPU Registers. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,
Fiery

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:38 PM, paradoxx said:

Here is the file you need: https://justpaste.it/5t3af.

Also, i've attached the file, just in case.

nvidia GTX 1060 laptop results AID64.txt

Thank you.  It seems the video driver (ForceWare) fails to report the video memory status via the standard driver API (NVAPI) on your system.  We've checked, and the same ForceWare revision does report the video memory status properly on other video cards.  It could be a ForceWare bug or a certain pecularity or system property that prevents NVAPI from reporting that information to 3rd party applications.

As for the GPU fan, I suppose your notebook has no GPU fan installed.  The system may have one or two fans, and one of them may blow the hot air from the GPU, but those fans are not managed by the GPU, but instead the Embedded Controller logic of your notebook motherboard.

17 minutes ago, Fiery said:

Thank you.  It seems the video driver (ForceWare) fails to report the video memory status via the standard driver API (NVAPI) on your system.  We've checked, and the same ForceWare revision does report the video memory status properly on other video cards.  It could be a ForceWare bug or a certain pecularity or system property that prevents NVAPI from reporting that information to 3rd party applications.

As for the GPU fan, I suppose your notebook has no GPU fan installed.  The system may have one or two fans, and one of them may blow the hot air from the GPU, but those fans are not managed by the GPU, but instead the Embedded Controller logic of your notebook motherboard.

Thx for your answer.  So, there is not solution to solve the bug with the memory report issue? Wouldn't any future driver update gave any help to solve the bug?

25 minutes ago, paradoxx said:

Thx for your answer.  So, there is not solution to solve the bug with the memory report issue? Wouldn't any future driver update gave any help to solve the bug?

I'm afraid there's nothing we can do on our end, since we have to rely on nVIDIA's own API (NVAPI) to read the video memory status information.  A future video driver update can get it back.