Jump to content
AIDA64 Discussion Forum
ecravn

Does the Business version encrypt the connections to remote systems?

Recommended Posts

Hi,

a question about using the Business version for collecting data from, or managing a remote Linux system.

Is the connection to the remote system encrypted and if so, what form of encryption is used?

Thanks,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, ecravn said:

Hi,

a question about using the Business version for collecting data from, or managing a remote Linux system.

Is the connection to the remote system encrypted and if so, what form of encryption is used?

Thanks,

 

AIDA64 Business uses a proprietary protocol with proprietary encryption.  We do not publish the protocol details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Fiery said:

AIDA64 Business uses a proprietary protocol with proprietary encryption.  We do not publish the protocol details.

hmmm...intriquing. But I am happy to hear that it at least is encrypted and not sending stuff in cleartext.

So I have a follow-up question: if i have a web server running on a virtual private server at some hosting provider, can I use Aida Business to monitor that remotely? And is this a recommended use case?

Thank you,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ecravn said:

hmmm...intriquing. But I am happy to hear that it at least is encrypted and not sending stuff in cleartext.

So I have a follow-up question: if i have a web server running on a virtual private server at some hosting provider, can I use Aida Business to monitor that remotely? And is this a recommended use case?

Thank you,

As long as the server is running Windows, it can be a valid usage scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Fiery said:

AIDA64 Business uses a proprietary protocol with proprietary encryption.  We do not publish the protocol details.

In good crypto everything can be public and it will still be secure.

Must say I am disappointed that someone so clearly competent as Tamás Miklos would opt for 'security through obscurity'.

(And it is well-known by now that 'rolling your own security' is generally a very bad idea.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...