Does the Business version encrypt the connections to remote systems?

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, ecravn said:

Hi,

a question about using the Business version for collecting data from, or managing a remote Linux system.

Is the connection to the remote system encrypted and if so, what form of encryption is used?

Thanks,

AIDA64 Business uses a proprietary protocol with proprietary encryption.  We do not publish the protocol details.

21 minutes ago, Fiery said:

AIDA64 Business uses a proprietary protocol with proprietary encryption.  We do not publish the protocol details.

hmmm...intriquing. But I am happy to hear that it at least is encrypted and not sending stuff in cleartext.

So I have a follow-up question: if i have a web server running on a virtual private server at some hosting provider, can I use Aida Business to monitor that remotely? And is this a recommended use case?

Thank you,

11 hours ago, ecravn said:

hmmm...intriquing. But I am happy to hear that it at least is encrypted and not sending stuff in cleartext.

So I have a follow-up question: if i have a web server running on a virtual private server at some hosting provider, can I use Aida Business to monitor that remotely? And is this a recommended use case?

Thank you,

As long as the server is running Windows, it can be a valid usage scenario.

13 hours ago, Fiery said:

In good crypto everything can be public and it will still be secure.

Must say I am disappointed that someone so clearly competent as Tamás Miklos would opt for 'security through obscurity'.

(And it is well-known by now that 'rolling your own security' is generally a very bad idea.)