SensorPanel gauge keep changing from NIC4 to NIC5

dbk

I have a couple of sensor panel gauges set to monitor the upload and download speed of the wired network interface. which normally on this system is NIC4 and there none after that. Sometimes I notice that the gauges are not reading and the problem is the wired interface has changed to NIC5, if I reboot NIC5 is gone and the gauges are working again.

Anyone have any ideas why a NIC5 would appear and then go away after a reboot, I have searched the registry for the words NIC4 or NIC5 when it is present but get no hits, 

Latest version of AIDA64, Windows 10 64 bit all updates.

Thanks

7 hours ago, dbk said:

I have a couple of sensor panel gauges set to monitor the upload and download speed of the wired network interface. which normally on this system is NIC4 and there none after that. Sometimes I notice that the gauges are not reading and the problem is the wired interface has changed to NIC5, if I reboot NIC5 is gone and the gauges are working again.

Anyone have any ideas why a NIC5 would appear and then go away after a reboot, I have searched the registry for the words NIC4 or NIC5 when it is present but get no hits, 

Latest version of AIDA64, Windows 10 64 bit all updates.

Thanks

You can check the list of available network adapters in both cases on the Network / Windows Network page of AIDA64.  I think the issue may be because one of the network adapters gets removed by Windows for some reason.  Maybe a WiFi adapter that gets disabled and enabled sometimes?