Stress tests (Gigabyte Z370N WiFi + i9-9900K + G.Skill DDR4-3200)

Gustavo

Hi all, 

I´m having some problems when running the stress tests on my system. When running the CPU, Cache and Disks tests everything goes ok. Even temperatures are OK. 

Running the FPU stress test, my PC restarts immediately;

Running the GPU stress test, the system struggles even to move the mouse and I can even stop the test. (Manual restart required)

I´m currently running:

i9 9900k

Gigabyte z370n wifi

16GB Gskill 3200MHz

RTX 2080

No overclocking is set on the MB. Everything set to auto. 

Any idea on how to better test this?

thanks,

2 hours ago, Gustavo said:

Hi all, 

I´m having some problems when running the stress tests on my system. When running the CPU, Cache and Disks tests everything goes ok. Even temperatures are OK. 

Running the FPU stress test, my PC restarts immediately;

Running the GPU stress test, the system struggles even to move the mouse and I can even stop the test. (Manual restart required)

I´m currently running:

i9 9900k

Gigabyte z370n wifi

16GB Gskill 3200MHz

RTX 2080

No overclocking is set on the MB. Everything set to auto. 

Any idea on how to better test this?

thanks,

GPU test is normal to make the mouse cursor sluggish, since the OpenCL driver goes through Direct3D and so it directly affects the smoothness of the video driver.

As for the FPU test, it's the most demanding task that our stress test (and also out of many other stress tests) puts on your system.  When the FPU test is running, your processor draws the maximum power and generates the most heat.  If the PC restarts during the FPU test, especially when it happens immediately after starting the test, it usually means there's a power delivery issue in the system.  In most cases it's because the PSU (power supply unit) cannot provide enough power to feed the processor under heavy load and/or the motherboard has a faulty component on it.  If you can, try to borrow another, ideally higher specified (more powerful) PSU, and try your system using that.  If it makes the FPU test run just fine, your current PSU is the culprit.

Hello Fiery

Thanks for your feedback. 
From what I've been reading the Z370 motherboards struggles to power the i9 9900k (due to the VRM).
My PSU is a EVGA 650w B3, which I believe is enough for the system. 

For the GPU I understand the sluggish, just don't understand not being able to stop the test.

I will try to check the voltages for the CPU for more tests...

thanks again