fixed: Missing sensor items (Asus Maximus XI Apex)

Feklar

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:55 AM, Feklar said:

Hi Fiery it's me again with a new motherboard. This new Asus Maximus XI Apex is missing some sensors. Vrm and possibly pcie temps. There may be others. I am attaching the ec dump as well as the isa dump files for you. Let me know. As always I appreciate your help.

ecdump.txt

isasensordump.txt

We've found 4 additional thermal rails on your motherboard that provide seemingly valid readings.  We'll add them in the next AIDA64 beta build.  I'll post a message into this topic once the new beta update is available for download.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:03 AM, Feklar said:

Thanks Fiery. The vrm and pch temps are back. HW iinfo shows temps for the two dimm slots as well. Is this something that can be measured as well? See screenshot.

Thank you for your feedback.  In order to have the DIMM thermal readings in AIDA64, make sure to enable DIMM thermal sensor support in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability, and restart AIDA64 to apply the changes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/28/2019 at 2:41 PM, Fiery said:

In order to have the DIMM thermal readings in AIDA64, make sure to enable DIMM thermal sensor support in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability, and restart AIDA64 to apply the changes.

I did that and restarted AIDA64 and it doesn't show memory temperature. I also tried unchecking it first, then restarting AIDA64, then checking it again and then restarting again -> it still doesn't show memory temperature!

(Running AIDA64 5.99.4900 on an ASUS Maximus X Hero (BIOS Version 1801), memory is 2x 8GB DDR4-3200 from GSkill (model number F4-3200C14D-16GTZR). According to GSkill, those models *do* come with a temperature sensor!)

Look at screenshot #2:

AIDA64_Sensors1.thumb.jpg.4aeaef7333dca0bee517eb9d6b0f8106.jpg

AIDA64_Sensors2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:08 AM, The Spirit of Morpheus said:

I did that and restarted AIDA64 and it doesn't show memory temperature. I also tried unchecking it first, then restarting AIDA64, then checking it again and then restarting again -> it still doesn't show memory temperature!

(Running AIDA64 5.99.4900 on an ASUS Maximus X Hero (BIOS Version 1801), memory is 2x 8GB DDR4-3200 from GSkill (model number F4-3200C14D-16GTZR). According to GSkill, those models *do* come with a temperature sensor!)

Look at screenshot #2:

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> SMBus Dump (Full). Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,
Fiery