AIDA64 Extreme causing PC stutter after X time (ASRock X370)

TonytotheB

Hey folks

I've been using AIDA64 for many years now.

Recently, I was suffering from weird stutter, where the PC seems to halt work, the mouse skips on the screen. I couldn't pin it down for a while. But through trial-and-error, I realised it was AIDA64. 

Specs: delidded 8700K, 2080Ti, ASRock X370 mobo, 32GB 3200 DDR4 ram, running 5.99 version AIDA64 with one year license

I do have the OSD running also

Any thoughts?

38 minutes ago, TonytotheB said:

Hey folks

I've been using AIDA64 for many years now.

Recently, I was suffering from weird stutter, where the PC seems to halt work, the mouse skips on the screen. I couldn't pin it down for a while. But through trial-and-error, I realised it was AIDA64. 

Specs: delidded 8700K, 2080Ti, ASRock X370 mobo, 32GB 3200 DDR4 ram, running 5.99 version AIDA64 with one year license

I do have the OSD running also

Any thoughts?

Do you have any water coolers or any special USB-connected devices that feature a monitoring solution?  Like a smart PSU, smart UPS?  Or maybe a USB hard drive?

My system is fairly complicated tbh :)

I have two external USB drives (10TB each, Seagate made). I also have a Vive link box and a Pimax 5K+. I use an external 10way fan controller for all fans. It's connected to the WATER fan header on my mobo. I use the Corsair H150i and use their software also. And I also have a front USB 4 port bay thingy.

Which could be causing an issue? :)

27 minutes ago, TonytotheB said:

My system is fairly complicated tbh :)

I have two external USB drives (10TB each, Seagate made). I also have a Vive link box and a Pimax 5K+. I use an external 10way fan controller for all fans. It's connected to the WATER fan header on my mobo. I use the Corsair H150i and use their software also. And I also have a front USB 4 port bay thingy.

Which could be causing an issue? :)

I'd start by disabling the following options in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability, and check whether it makes any difference.

- Asetek LC sensor support
- Corsair AXi sensor support
- Corsair HXi/RMi sensor support
- Corsair Link sensor support