Commander Pro connect fans disconnecting and reconnecting

Chinawhite

Hi,

I am new to all of this so fogive me if is my explaination not quite right.

I have a new build (2 months old) and have had no issues but I recently installed AIDA64 and noticed that as soon as I boot it up the fans connected to my Commander Pro seem to disconnect and reconnect the connected fans then spin them up to 12k!!!!! I can use my PC fine no problems, but within a seconf or 2 of loading up AIDA the issue occurs. The only way to fix is to restart the PC. Simply exiting AIDA does not work.

Boring video but I have 3 fans connected, it is not until the end that you see the final fan appear briefly: 

AIDA64:

• Build 5.99.4960 Beta but have also tried that latest stable build
  • Corsair Link Sensor Support enabled
  • Asetek LC Sensor Support enabled (saw on another post it might be related)

Build:

• Motherboard: GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO AM4/B450/DDR4/S-ATA 600/ATX Socket - Black
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Gen2 6 Core AM4 Processor w/ Wrai
  • GPU: EVGA GTW 1070 Ti 8GB
  • Memory: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666MHz DDR4 Memory
  • Cooling: Corsair H100i AIO Platinum RBG - (These seem to be ok)
  • x3 Corsair ML120 RBG fans - (The ones with the issues)
  • Corasir Commander Pro

Please let me know if you need any other information.
Thanks

Going to reply to my own thread as I think I have an answer after realising my mate has the same issue but with HWMonitor. The commonality is with iCue and I found this from their forum

From a Corsair iCue beta team person on the forum: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=177794

BUT ... if you use Link or iCue to manage/monitor the CoPro's fans, then you cannot use Aida at the same time to read the values. Only one application can access the hardware at a time and as Corsair doesn't have a supported way to synch multiple application access, using another application will give you conflicts.
Again, only one application can access the CoPro at a time, regardless of anything else. So if you use Link or iCue to configure it, the only way that you'll be able to use AIDA for monitoring is to shut Link/iCue down completely (including services).

Hope that helps some people.

1 hour ago, Chinawhite said:

Going to reply to my own thread as I think I have an answer after realising my mate has the same issue but with HWMonitor. The commonality is with iCue and I found this from their forum

From a Corsair iCue beta team person on the forum: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=177794

Hope that helps some people.

Sadly, it's correct and it's still valid with the latest iCUE version.  All you Corsair hardware owners out there: you need to put more pressure on Corsair to get their act together and make it possible for other applications to access Corsair hardware while iCUE is also running in the background.  It was possible with an older version of Corsair Link Software, but Corsair decided to discontinue supporting 3rd party application developers :( 

• Sad 1

• 1 year later...

Hi Fiery,

I keep adding more fans to my uber water cooling system and need to control their speed according to the temperature.

I do have GRID V3+ but I'm limited to 6 fans and there is no temp sensors I could use as controlling factor. So I'm trying to setup CoPro but, indeed the problem is still there (and exactly as in that movie above). I'm aware of the issues with iCUE and AIDA64 I assume Corsair Link 4 behaves the same...

So, any news on the subj. since you've posted this reply?

Many thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 7:43 PM, Elderdeekey said:

Hi Fiery,

I keep adding more fans to my uber water cooling system and need to control their speed according to the temperature.

I do have GRID V3+ but I'm limited to 6 fans and there is no temp sensors I could use as controlling factor. So I'm trying to setup CoPro but, indeed the problem is still there (and exactly as in that movie above). I'm aware of the issues with iCUE and AIDA64 I assume Corsair Link 4 behaves the same...

So, any news on the subj. since you've posted this reply?

Many thanks in advance!

I'm afraid, still no good news on this :(

• 5 weeks later...

This is a real shame as i was wanting to incorporate AIDA64 into my build on a small screen (Antec P120 PSU area) but as Corsair is controlling my fan and pump speed via coolant temps through Icue there isnt any point, would have finished the build off nicely as well but in too deep with Corsair to change now.