fixed: Fan RPM Limit (Gigabyte X299-WU8)

pbcopter

I have just installed a fan/heat sink for a Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD and the fan has a maximum RPM of about 9000 RPM.

It seems that AIDA64 doesn't see or display the fan if the RPM goes over about 6500 RPM.

Is there a way to raise this limit?

Thanks

10 hours ago, pbcopter said:

I have just installed a fan/heat sink for a Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD and the fan has a maximum RPM of about 9000 RPM.

It seems that AIDA64 doesn't see or display the fan if the RPM goes over about 6500 RPM.

Is there a way to raise this limit?

Thanks

Where is the fan connected to?  If it's the motherboard, then please let me know what motherboard do you have.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:52 PM, pbcopter said:

I also checked and HWMonitor portable does see the fan.

I am using AIDA64 build 5.99 4983

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> ISA Sensor Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Also let me know which fan header of your motherboard do you use.  And when AIDA64 displays the fan PRM properly (when it's below 6500RPM), let me know how AIDA64 calls the fan reading (what does it display for its label).

Thanks,
Fiery

Hi Fiery.

Attached is the dump file your requested.   The Fan is attached to SYS_FAN3 on the motherboard and AIDA64 displays it a Chassis #3.

The file attached is under the condition that the fan is operating at an RPM below 6500, if fact about 5720 RPM.

Do you need a dump when the fan is over 6500 and no fan RPM is displayed?

isasensordump.txt

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:04 PM, pbcopter said:

This dump is with the fan running at about 7200 RPM.  AIDA64 does not display the fan at all.

isasensordump2.txt

Thank you.  We will fix the issue in the next AIDA64 beta update.  I will post a message into this topic once the new beta update becomes available for download.