AIDA64 cannot read smart data from UASP/Asmedia SATA adapter.

Squall Leonhart

Hey Feiry,  i grabbed a UASP sata 3 adapter cable produced by startech it uses the ASMedia - ASM1153E

https://www.startech.com/au/HDD/Adapters/USB-3-SATA-adapter-cable-with-UASP~USB3S2SAT3CB

Aida64 is unable to pull smart data from the drive attached, but CrystalDiskInfo has no such problem.

Need a dump to add support? if so which ones.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:49 AM, Squall Leonhart said:

Hey Feiry,  i grabbed a UASP sata 3 adapter cable produced by startech it uses the ASMedia - ASM1153E

https://www.startech.com/au/HDD/Adapters/USB-3-SATA-adapter-cable-with-UASP~USB3S2SAT3CB

Aida64 is unable to pull smart data from the drive attached, but CrystalDiskInfo has no such problem.

Need a dump to add support? if so which ones.

Please create and send us the following dumps:

- SMART Dump
- RAID Dump
- Disk Controllers Dump

Thank you in advance!

Easy, here you go.

The drive is currently on the ASUS UASP driver, but Smart was also missing on the mass storage driver, regardless both could pass through smart to Crystaldisk, and I can also see the data in HD Tune, SSD-Z, etc.

diskctrldump.txt

raiddump.txt

smartdump.txt

I also have a cable based on the ASM1351 on order so i can get trim working on this ssd, so i'll likely be back with dumps for that too after it arrives lol.

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:54 AM, Squall Leonhart said:

Easy, here you go.

The drive is currently on the ASUS UASP driver, but Smart was also missing on the mass storage driver, regardless both could pass through smart to Crystaldisk, and I can also see the data in HD Tune, SSD-Z, etc.

diskctrldump.txt

raiddump.txt

smartdump.txt

I also have a cable based on the ASM1351 on order so i can get trim working on this ssd, so i'll likely be back with dumps for that too after it arrives lol.

Thank you.  Please check the latest AIDA64 beta:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Please note that it may not work with a different driver.  If you change the driver and it stops working, please submit a new trio of the requested dumps so we can check what the new driver is and how to implement support for that as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:33 AM, Squall Leonhart said:

No, that didn't seem to work.

I found why though,  devices on the ASUSTOR driver are treated as a Raid device, so RAID Smart needs to be enabled.

Yes, that's indeed necessary since the AIDA64 RAID enumerator module deals with scanning for UASP devices as well.