Fans RPM on HP Elitedesk 705 G1 SFF

Danchev

4 hours ago, Danchev said:

Any chance of reading data from HP f proprietary chips.

Only software I can find that reads fan rpm and somewhat correct APU temp (AMD A8 6500b) is HP Performance Advisor.

I'm afraid we have no information on how to talk to the special embedded controllers of modern HP systems :( 

Why they are doing this ... everything is locked behind steel doors on these machines.

Thermal management is killing me ... same BIOS for micro, SFF and MTower variants of that system and they expect somehow these 3 completely different chassis to perform the same.

I can see a big Nuvoton chip on the Mobo, is that the controller in question?

That's idle ...

Untitled.jpg

1 hour ago, Danchev said:

Why they are doing this ... everything is locked behind steel doors on these machines.

Thermal management is killing me ... same BIOS for micro, SFF and MTower variants of that system and they expect somehow these 3 completely different chassis to perform the same.

I can see a big Nuvoton chip on the Mobo, is that the controller in question?

That's idle ...

It's hard to tell, since Nuvoton makes all sorts of chips. What markings can you see on those chips?

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:27 AM, Danchev said:

It looks like SIO to me, but I will need magnifying glass to read this one :lol: will post when I have the numbers.

SIV don't say much either.

Meanwhile any sensor dump that can be helpful?

We can try the following three dumps:

1) Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> ISA Sensor Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

2) Also right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> SMBus Dump (Full). Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.

3) Finally, right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> Embedded Controller Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.

Thanks,
Fiery

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:23 PM, Danchev said:

Here you go ... and thanks :)

ecdump.txt

isasensordump.txt

smbusdump_full.txt

Sadly we cannot find anything useful in there :( But since you've mentioned SIV, try to contact its author (Ray) as well.  Ray is very eager and skilled in digging down deeper when it comes to supporting exotic and unique hardware.