fixed: SensorPanel GPU temperature bar doesn't change (Asus ROG Strix B450-I Gaming)

naber

Hi, I just wanted to report that, when using the GPU temperature sensor in conjunction with a bar on the sensor panel,

the bar does not change length and doesn't change color.

I attached some images for clarification.

AIDA64 (6.00.5146 Beta)
Windows 10 pro 64 (1903)
MB ASUS B450-I (2406)
CPU 3700X
GPU NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super (431.36)

Annotation 2019-07-28 131710.png

Annotation 2019-07-28 131953.png

Edit:

I found the culprit: myself. There were no default values in the bar section. After I set some limits it worked normally.

I found another issue:

After long sessions of sustained load sometimes the main board and / or the CPU thermal sensor jump to -84 degrees Celsius. This could be an issue with the main board and not with A64 though.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 1:22 PM, naber said:

After long sessions of sustained load sometimes the main board and / or the CPU thermal sensor jump to -84 degrees Celsius. This could be an issue with the main board and not with A64 though.

Asus AM4 motherboards have several issues about their sensor implementation.  Make sure to have the latest BIOS flashed into your motherboard, that may help.

On 8/11/2019 at 3:50 PM, Fiery said:

Asus AM4 motherboards have several issues about their sensor implementation.  Make sure to have the latest BIOS flashed into your motherboard, that may help.

I'm already on the newest BIOS for the board, which is from late July.

Analyzing the issue further, I tested several other monitoring softwares in the past week (hwinfo, hwmonitor, LibreHWM (https://github.com/LibreHardwareMonitor/LibreHardwareMonitor )).

None exhibit the issue. This needs a fix from the AIDA Developers.

Realistically I don't see ASUS updating all the BIOS for their several dozens of AM4 boards, for one bug in a niche software (to be frank, the notion seems borderline delusional to me).

Making things worse, not only is the temperature reporting inaccurate. A64 makes the board see the negative temperatures as the real measurements, which leads to fans that are throttling to a minimum. This bug seems extremely severe, we are talking about a monitoring software sabotaging the cooling on a system, which can lead to system instability and in extreme cases hardware damage.

22 hours ago, naber said:

I'm already on the newest BIOS for the board, which is from late July.

Analyzing the issue further, I tested several other monitoring softwares in the past week (hwinfo, hwmonitor, LibreHWM (https://github.com/LibreHardwareMonitor/LibreHardwareMonitor )).

None exhibit the issue. This needs a fix from the AIDA Developers.

Realistically I don't see ASUS updating all the BIOS for their several dozens of AM4 boards, for one bug in a niche software (to be frank, the notion seems borderline delusional to me).

Making things worse, not only is the temperature reporting inaccurate. A64 makes the board see the negative temperatures as the real measurements, which leads to fans that are throttling to a minimum. This bug seems extremely severe, we are talking about a monitoring software sabotaging the cooling on a system, which can lead to system instability and in extreme cases hardware damage.

Can you please post a screen shot (or copy-paste in text format) of the Computer / Sensor page of AIDA64?  I'm wondering which interface does AIDA64 use on your motherboard to measure temperatures.

17 hours ago, naber. said:

Of course. If you need more diagnostics, I will try to deliver.

Thank you.  Try to enable Asus WMI sensor support in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability, and restart AIDA64 to apply the changes.  That should fix the issues on your particular motherboard.  Make sure to have the latest BIOS flashed as well, version 2602 (August 2019).