CPU Core usage/spike (Asus Maximus XI Extreme + NZXT Kraken X72)

MatG

I use the OSD display to monitor the temp, fanspeed, pumpspeed and uptime etc.. 

Then i use Rainmeter and Gadgets from Silverazide so i can see some other monitoring stuff. 

First thing:

I recently build a new machine and discovered when playing Battlefield 5, that it suddenly lags and stuttering so it was almost unplayable. It stopped when i closed AIDA64. 

Second thing: 

I see that AIDA64 also causing some CPU core usage/spike.. But its only 1 core that gets 100% load for couple of seconds then down again and few seconds after it goes up on 100% but only 1 core. 

Third thing: 

I use to have AIDA64 to autostart with windows, but because it hangs at loading screen, i had to wait a minute or so and then i could run it without hang. (it was not able to load the info for the disk drives)

Have been running AIDA64 on older systems without any problems, so this makes me not having AIDA64 running in the background. 

Is there anyone else having similar problems or is it just me? 

Is the CAM software from NZXT causing this? 

This is a software i dont have used before, thats why i may think it could influence.. 

Specs: 

ASUS Maximus XI Extreme, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB Tridentz DDR4, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB and a NZXT Kraken X72 AIO Watercooler

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:59 PM, MatG said:

I use the OSD display to monitor the temp, fanspeed, pumpspeed and uptime etc.. 

Then i use Rainmeter and Gadgets from Silverazide so i can see some other monitoring stuff. 

First thing:

I recently build a new machine and discovered when playing Battlefield 5, that it suddenly lags and stuttering so it was almost unplayable. It stopped when i closed AIDA64. 

Second thing: 

I see that AIDA64 also causing some CPU core usage/spike.. But its only 1 core that gets 100% load for couple of seconds then down again and few seconds after it goes up on 100% but only 1 core. 

Third thing: 

I use to have AIDA64 to autostart with windows, but because it hangs at loading screen, i had to wait a minute or so and then i could run it without hang. (it was not able to load the info for the disk drives)

Have been running AIDA64 on older systems without any problems, so this makes me not having AIDA64 running in the background. 

Is there anyone else having similar problems or is it just me? 

Is the CAM software from NZXT causing this? 

This is a software i dont have used before, thats why i may think it could influence.. 

Specs: 

ASUS Maximus XI Extreme, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB Tridentz DDR4, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB and a NZXT Kraken X72 AIO Watercooler

First, try to disabled Embedded Controller (EC) support[ in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability, and restart AIDA64 to apply the changes.  You will lose a few sensor readings due to that, but it may help about the lags.

If it doesn't help, try to right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> Sensor Profiling Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

As for the Windows startup lag, that's caused by the Windows kernel which is sensitive to the auto-start of certain applications that use a dynamically loaded kernel driver.  On some systems this issue comes up, but on most systems the delay is not unbearable.  We cannot do much about this, since we prefer the dynamic kernel driver scheme over the static (installed) one in order to fully support portability for AIDA64.

Thank you Fiery, i just disabled Embedded Controller (EC) support and it helped with the Core spikes. 

I'll keep you updated on the gaming part later.. 

The autostart function, i can make an automated task in windows that is delayed for a minute after start/logon if it still hangs in loading screen. 

On 9/11/2019 at 1:02 PM, Fiery said:

First, try to disabled Embedded Controller (EC) support[ in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability, and restart AIDA64 to apply the changes.  You will lose a few sensor readings due to that, but it may help about the lags.

If it doesn't help, try to right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> Sensor Profiling Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

As for the Windows startup lag, that's caused by the Windows kernel which is sensitive to the auto-start of certain applications that use a dynamically loaded kernel driver.  On some systems this issue comes up, but on most systems the delay is not unbearable.  We cannot do much about this, since we prefer the dynamic kernel driver scheme over the static (installed) one in order to fully support portability for AIDA64.

It works perfect, also when gaming. Thank you so much Fiery :))