CPU Clock or Speed

djmorgan

In CPUID as with other programs I can see my i7 950 adjusting it's speed to suit load conditions, AIDA64 however the CPU Clock moves very infrequently even if I set the poling to 1 sec, to me it seem the readings are not correct in AIDA64 or are being read from different sensor location.

David

There's no sensor for clock speed, but there're several methods to measure the CPU core clock speed. AIDA64 uses a different method to e.g. CPU-Z, so that is the cause of the SpeedStep variance. BTW, in most cases when you disable all sensor features, and you monitor the AIDA64 CPUID Panel, the clock speed variance gets closer to what you can see in e.g. CPU-Z.

Regards,

Fiery

Thanks for that I can live with your method, can you hurry up and improve on the sidebar gadget please :-)

David

There's no sensor for clock speed, but there're several methods to measure the CPU core clock speed. AIDA64 uses a different method to e.g. CPU-Z, so that is the cause of the SpeedStep variance. BTW, in most cases when you disable all sensor features, and you monitor the AIDA64 CPUID Panel, the clock speed variance gets closer to what you can see in e.g. CPU-Z.

Regards,

Fiery

• 12 years later...

I know this is old but I have the same issue and am wondering how you "disable all sensor features".  Also note that I tried to setup an account but on two different browswers it said I did not pass the security check which I have no idea what it means (and that is all it says) except maybe the rechaptca is not working though that does not pop up so not sure how to fix.