OSD Panel - Separate text justification

dna

Hello, I have used the AIDA64 OSD panel for a very long time.. maybe 10 years or so; I absolutely love it. One thing I would love to be able to do is to justify the title of each OSD Item separately from the reported values. i.e. - have all the titles be on the left and the values to the right, and the total width of the OSD Panel dependent on the longest title + value string. 

You can see in my screenshot how i have got it setup in a similar fashion, but I had to do so by using a specific number spaces after the item title and also using a monospaced font like Courier New (all characters have same width). However as you can see in my other screenshot, this method I use has its flaws.. for items that have values which can have multiple orders of magnitude (i.e. 1, 10, 100), the will push or pull the alignment. When Ram Used is only 5000MB, this is expressed using 4 digits. But, when the system is using 12000MB, it must use 5 digits to denote this (obviously). This is true for any item whose value can change by 1 or more orders of magnitude, as demonstrated in my example. So, while my little spacing trick is nice, it would be great if something could be written in the code that will allow for justifying the titles independently of the values, and perhaps even a variable for minimum spacing between them.

Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

Images (below)

1. Image 1 (Left): my current OSD setup
  2. Image 2 (Right): showing how the spacing changes in response to changing sensor values)

Cheers,

Michael                        

0lJ9RjU.png  AGINFpW.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2019 at 8:54 AM, dna said:

Hello, I have used the AIDA64 OSD panel for a very long time.. maybe 10 years or so; I absolutely love it. One thing I would love to be able to do is to justify the title of each OSD Item separately from the reported values. i.e. - have all the titles be on the left and the values to the right, and the total width of the OSD Panel dependent on the longest title + value string. 

You can see in my screenshot how i have got it setup in a similar fashion, but I had to do so by using a specific number spaces after the item title and also using a monospaced font like Courier New (all characters have same width). However as you can see in my other screenshot, this method I use has its flaws.. for items that have values which can have multiple orders of magnitude (i.e. 1, 10, 100), the will push or pull the alignment. When Ram Used is only 5000MB, this is expressed using 4 digits. But, when the system is using 12000MB, it must use 5 digits to denote this (obviously). This is true for any item whose value can change by 1 or more orders of magnitude, as demonstrated in my example. So, while my little spacing trick is nice, it would be great if something could be written in the code that will allow for justifying the titles independently of the values, and perhaps even a variable for minimum spacing between them.

Feel free to let me know your thoughts.

Images (below)

1. Image 1 (Left): my current OSD setup
  2. Image 2 (Right): showing how the spacing changes in response to changing sensor values)

Cheers,

Michael

We've implemented a new option called Alignment on the AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / OSD page.  You'll know what to do ;)

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

On 10/8/2019 at 3:35 PM, Fiery said:

We've implemented a new option called Alignment on the AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / OSD page.  You'll know what to do ;)

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Ok i get it now.. at first I was like "that option has been there for a long time" .. Then I figured out what you did. Alignment is not new, but what you did add is a new option within the dropdown called Justified which justifies the title and value separately.  Thank you for adding this, much appreciated!